TWO

A month later...

I was in my drama class when my friend Tyrina asked me what we should do after school. We agreed to go to Chick-fil-a and go to the park.

Brrriinng!

The bell went for the end of the school day and I drove home to get ready for my outing with Tyrina. I was in my walk-in closet when someone knocked on my door.

I went to open it.

"Hey, Dad!" I beamed.
"Hello sweetie". He greeted. "How was your day?"
"Good, I'm going to go out with Tyrina in half an hour, you?" I asked.
"Great!" He chimed. "The company's revenue is increasing every day and I have an interview with Forbes magazine next week. I am taking your mum out to dinner so be back by eight o'clock". He told me.
"Yes, dad". I responded.

.............................................................................
I had just parked my car outside the restaurant and I walked in to see Tyrina, Jevonte, Mikey, and Zahra seated at a booth.

"Hey, guys". I greeted.
"Hey". They said in unison.

I slid into the seat beside Mikey. He put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. I couldn't help myself from smiling.

"When are y'all going to stop flirting and be official". Jevonte asked.
"Za'niyah told me she isn't ready yet". Mikey explained.
"Come on Z, you know you want him". Tyrina added.

I couldn't help but laugh at her statement. The waitress came and took our orders, we ate and talked about school then we strolled to the park.

When we got there, Tyrina and Zahra were talking on the swings while Jevonte was glued to his phone. That left Mikey and I. He tossed me over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes and took me to the pond.

"Why don't you want me?" He asked me almost hurt as we sat by the edge.
"It's not that I don't want you, I don't know if I am ready for a relationship".I explained. "Besides, I've only been in Sierra for a month and you are really popular, I don't think I am ready for that attention".
"Are you crazy?" He asked me.
"What?" I asked offended.
"Attention my ass, you have over one million followers on Instagram, over three million on YouTube and you are starting to make a hell lot of money with your acting career". He stated.

He wasn't wrong, I had already started making a name for myself. It's just that high school is different from the real world. People at school see me as a normal girl and I like it that way. I don't want to be seen as some kind of goddess on social media and in school.

"You guys, we need to go it's getting late". Zahra said interrupting our privacy.
"Let's go, Mikey". I said.
.............................................................................

I was in my room watching Netflix when my phone rang.

"Hey, beautiful". Mikey said through the screen.
"Hey, handsome". I replied.
"You know why I am calling you". He stated blankly.
"Fine". I huffed.
"Can we do it at school tomorrow?" I asked.
"Sure bae". He licked his lips seductively.
"You nasty!" I laughed.
.............................................................................
Mikey and I were at my locker getting my books and he was was playing with my curls. I zipped my backpack and slung it across my shoulder.

"I'm ready to go". I told him.
"K". He looked down at me. "I need to ask you something shawty".
"Shoot". I smiled.
"Would you be my girlfriend". He smirked.

I pondered for a few seconds before replying.

"Yes, Mikey". I said.
"Thanks baby". He said as he kissed my cheek. "See you fourth period".

I walked to my first period with butterflies in my stomach, and I can't say that I regret saying yes to Mikey but he didn't give up on me, so I might as well try.