5: The Chosen Ones

You've got to be kidding me...

"SATORU!!!"

I ran as fast as I could as soon after  I saw a familiar white-haired man lying outside the grounds of the school's central barrier. I heard from Yaga-sensei that their mission was to escort the new vessel for Master Tengen safely, but how did it come to this?

Blood pooled from Satoru as soon as I found him. He was covered in blood, his throat was somewhat crushed and his head was also struck.

"Holy crap,"

There was no pulse. He's dead.

No...not yet...but he's close to dying if I don't do something, quick. If I'll wait for Shouko-san, it'll be too late.

Is this some kind of joke?

I couldn't believe I'd get to see the day that Gojo Satoru would die...this must certainly must go down to history.

My eyes traveled throughout his body and noticed that his cursed energy was disrupted --- more like suppressed.  Something was blocking the flow of his energy.

A nullification?

Although he already stopped breathing, I'm pretty sure he's still alive inside. This bastard's still conscious, I can feel it. The training he had with me and my nullification...

I'm sure he'd find a way to slip out of this.

I flicked my finger and pointed towards the source of the nullification. No matter what it is, it's still a cursed technique...even with nullification, I can still nullify it with my own.

With two similar techniques colliding, it'll result into an overlapping of cursed energy. Just like the concept of converting both negative cursed energy into positive, it'll result in a reversal of cursed energy.

Curse Nullification Technique: Inverse Release

As the remnants of Satoru's cursed energy was free, it immediately shot up and flowed again through his body. I also noticed his wounds were healing and his pulse slowly returning.

When did he learn Reversed Cursed Technique? Looks like I didn't have to bring Shouko-san after all.

Satoru's eyes then opened wide and he quickly gasped for air. Both of his hands grasped on my shoulders, his lungs were wheezing as he was catching up his breath.

For a split second there, he was clearly startled and alarmed by the fact that he almost died. He managed to evade his death by a millimeter...I'm pretty sure it gave him a scare, too.

"Calm down, Gojo Satoru. You just healed yourself. Do your part in breathing normally or else you'll pass out." I clicked my tongue and proceeded to nullify the rest of the curses that he got.

"You're...late..." He said, his bloodshot eyes still fixed at the space like some madman. He was already conscious and yet he was smiling insanely.

His hormones are all over the place and even his adrenaline. Currently, he's going on a 'high' mode right now. That's probably what you get once you experienced a near-death experience.

"If you were a second late from releasing that damned curse, I would've seriously died, Sayuri. Why in the goddamned world are you late?!"

He became even more annoying due to his state.

"I wasn't late. You're alive, Satoru. Calm down, will you?" I said, pulling myself from him and calling Shouko-san to inform her.

Satoru was clinging to my shoulders, hugging me from behind as he continued to heal himself. He was muttering curses under his breath and I continued to report our situation.