64: Kin (Part Two)

2/3

Oousu no Mikoto...

I find it weird that he actually has a proper name, a noble one at that. Sukuna's identity long before he became a curse when he was still a sorcerer, and back when he was just a regular human; Seimei revealed them all to me through his divinations.

It was wrong to know about them especially because it didn't come from Sukuna himself, but setting aside the matter of privacy, I didn't regret knowing them. He'll never tell this to anyone anyway...even more so to me.

About his life...

It wasn't all pretty.

How Sukuna managed to deceive all the Abe is beyond me. His cunningness and lies were already beyond human understanding that he even managed to convince my family to teach him about sorcery.

Gifted with a natural sense of his surroundings, and also his massive hatred towards his fate that has now amassed into cursed energy; in just a short amount of time, Sukuna grasped the way of jujutsu sorcery and became a sorcerer himself. He was a prodigy.

He submerged himself in learning cursed energy, curses, sorcery, and the world --- everything. But something was still amiss. He was never content.

When he stumbled across Seimei's journals that were hidden in the secret archives of the clan. There, he learned about the existence of an inherited technique of our family that no longer appeared since Ojii-san's death.

Positive energy manipulation...

It was something he was looking for; something he wanted to have. And it was because of that, that I ended up in this mess.

Only because I inherited that ability...

Seimei told me everything I was missing from the day I was born.

The things I did which broke the limits of our bloodline, and I'm sure it's the worst kind. I fell directly into Sukuna's hands right after my clan was killed. Their demise came from the very person they saved...I guess we're really naive people.

We were too good for our own good.

"It wouldn't be fair if you know nothing, even if right after you died. That's why I revealed this to you." Seimei removed his hand from my cheeks and his vision stopped.

"Oousu no Mikoto is indeed evil, and it was our mistake that led him in the spread of his malice throughout the lands. However, just like you, he has also made peculiar decisions that I cannot quite understand."

"But before I'll tell you my premise, I want to hear your answer first. The reason why you bound your soul to him...what is he to you?" He asked.

Sukuna is...

A demon. He's evil and the embodiment of malice himself. He manipulated me in binding my soul to him just so he could use-

No...

Was I forced into this?

"No, I brought this upon myself." I whispered seriously.

"Yes, I can always blame him for manipulating me but...I don't have the luxury to blame others for my actions."

"I remember very well, Ojii-san. I was covered in blood; about to die at that time when we entered the vow. I didn't care because I lost myself after killing Hirotsuji with my hands."

"I didn't care anymore..."

It was I who agreed with it, no matter how you put it. Vows cannot be established by force nor manipulation, therefore, it was my fault. I have full responsibility for it.