48: Ideal Man

It was in the morning, the next day when the second event was about to start. Ijichi and I made the preparations happen within 20 hours so that everything will go smoothly.

The event was baseball and since I admit I don't know anything about it, also because of Dr. Ieiri's advice for me to sit out, I shall remain as a spectator for this event.

Gojo will be the referee of the game.

Fixing my hair up into a loose braid, I changed into my high-waist jeans and black cropped sweaters, with my boots to pair. Civilian clothing is allowed so why not dress comfy instead, right?

Bringing my huge picnic umbrella with me, I got out of the dorm to visit the field. I need to prepare my station to where I am going to sit and watch, of course.

I'm not fond of heat nor sunlight so, I need to stay cool.

The school was quiet, calm, and peaceful; with the happenings from yesterday barely leaving anything behind. It became like a short interruption. A heavy warm-up for the students before they return to our 'normal' games.

For now, I'm sure we can rest-

"Haaaiii!! Sayuri-sensei, good mornin'!" Yuuji suddenly popped up beside me with his loud greeting.

There was a huge smile plastered across his face and you can simply tell how excited he is. According to his school records, he was athletic so that probably explains it.

"Yuuji, good morning. How are you feeling?" I greeted back.

He offered his help in carrying my umbrella and I let him. We then took a stroll, both heading to the field.

"Fine, I guess? But it was nothing. My body's good as-" Before he even finishes, I placed my hand to his shoulder and patted it heavily.

Just one pat and he already flinched from his body pain but he didn't exclaim to say "Ow" or what. He just continued to smile like having constipation, enduring the pain as beads of sweat fell from his forehead as we carried on walking.

I let out a short laugh.

"Don't be shy, Yuuji. I got a glimpse of how Todou kept beating you up before I sleep, after all. I know your body hurts." I said.

"Well, that's...Tch! That guy! I can't believe I looked lameeee!"

When we arrived at the table I've set up, I arranged the area a bit; where I'm going to sit, and for Yaga-sensei and Gakuganji too. Yuuji helped me in moving the stuff.

"Now that you mention it, I heard you were also down, sensei? What happened?" He asked curiously.

Opening my umbrella to get some shade, I then stuck it to its stand and placed it beside my chair.

"I was poisoned," I answered.

"Poisoned?!"

"Yeah. I was tempted by food and I didn't know it was delivered by the intruders so..."

"Did you find out who did it?"

I thought about it for a while...

Whoever left that 'gift' there is now being investigated by Ijichi. Surveillance of those who entered the classrooms, the halls, and everywhere are collected, but there were no curses nor curse users caught in the videos.

Other than us faculty, our co-sorcerers, and the students, none should be able to slip inside the meeting room without getting noticed.

Unless, of course, the culprit/spy was with us all along...