66: Mutual Concessions

(A.N. Long chapter ahead, my bad!)

-----------------------------------

An arm crept into my waist and he was leering again in front of me.

"You're taking a blind risk, Sayuri, if you want to help retrieve my real body. What makes you think that you can subdue me once I incarnate completely?" Sukuna said.

His smug expression bore every piece of confidence in the world, not even a glimpse of doubt nor failure can be seen. He's that confident.

Deliberately tracing his thumb over my lip, his cold gaze then pierced through me.

"Do you plan on defeating me with that? What makes you think I won't be able to dominate you once I fully come back?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that as well?" I retorted.

I leveled my gaze to him and stared straight into his eyes. When standing, Yuuji and I almost have the same height so it wasn't hard to do so; he'll have a hard time looking down at me like this.

"What makes you think that I won't? That I can't? You have the access to my cursed energy already...my powers...so leave the boy alone."

His amused expression went stoic as I stared at him desperately. I know he's suspecting something from me, but I won't tell him anything about it...nothing about Yuuji. I'll just leave it to his brilliant mind to keep on guessing.

After a short moment, he let out a hum before releasing his hand from my chin. His expression was unreadable.

"I have my own plans..."

"But since you're desperate for it, you should do your part as well, onna. I'll tell you where my body is...and if you make it on time, I might compromise my plans to something that'll fit your taste." He said.

Compromise his plans?

"Where is it?" I asked.

"My body is in the underworld. At the bottom of Yomi no Kuni, sealed by that comrade of yours many years ago...the one who manipulates shadows and darkness."

I paused.

Sealed in the underworld? So it was Bianchi who did it?

Couldn't they've just disposed of it and burn it somewhere? Or they probably can't. But still, in the underworld? That's...

Far.

I brought my finger to my chin and recalled all the knowledge imparted to me by my beloved ancestor.

"If it's in the Yomi then that's already impossible to retrieve. No one can just barge into the underworld and return. It's a one-way ticket." I said.

"Exactly."

Exactly? So?

"Fushiguro Megumi..." Sukuna then mentioned which made me glare at him.

He raised his hand, asking me to calm down before he continued with a smirk. "The boy's technique is similar to that bastard friend of yours...probably even better."

"Sukuna, if you ever harm-"

"No need to tell me that. I give you my word that I won't kill him." He cut me off boredly.

"Kill?" I growled, and then he corrected his sentence into: "I won't harm him nor let him die...for now."

"I need that kid."

I do remember that Megumi can now launch a domain, although it's still incomplete. If it's about techniques though, then which one does Sukuna needs?