70: A Small Favor

A.N. Sorry for the very slow updates. School works and exams are just getting nastier day by day. It's hella busy. Still, thank you for your patience!

--------------------------------------------

My feet gently landed on the ground and I looked back to see Yuuji's eyes widening upon seeing me. However, my attention immediately went to the various injuries he had in his body.

My eyebrows contorted at the sight of his blood, especially the scar that bore between his eyes and the left side of his mouth.

"Yuuji, you're hurt." I muttered in a low tone.

My hand cupped his cheek as I examined his condition much closely, somehow forgetting the situation around us.

Itadori's eyes watered subtly after seeing me.

"S-Sensei...I'm fine..."

"But you...I'm so sor-"

He looked terribly hurt.

"It's not your fault. It's alright...you've done well." I cut him off as he stammered to find his words.

I don't even know what words to use to comfort him because right now, just looking at him makes me feel uneasy.

I wanted to assure him with a smile, to tell him that it'll be okay...but I couldn't. His state right now isn't something to be glad of.

"Too slow, Abe!" Yuki immediately complained which cut us off.

"My bad."

I took a glance at everyone who was immobilized in the ice and there were only the four of us who were standing on our feet: Getou, Uraume, Yuki, and me.

After feeling Yuuji still staring at me, I sighed.

Raising my finger, I broke down the ice that clung to his body to set him free. I did the same for everyone else as I used the opportunity to dispel all Uraume's techniques after seeing him staggered.

"Sen..."

"Don't move, Yuuji. Just stay put." I said sternly before taking a glance at Getou.

The stitches in his forehead were similar to Bianchi's description of what happened to Yukihiro. Meaning...the curse was already from a long time ago?

Does this explain why Yuuji holds a fragment of his soul?

This curse in front of me had already existed for a long time that he's played around with my remains?

"You sure did some obnoxious experiments...I'm starting to loathe you to the bone, whoever you are." I said coldly.

Getou let out a menacing grin after taking a closer look at me.

"Magnificent. As expected of the King of Curses. He did turn you into a curse...how cunning."

"You seemed glad for it. I heard you suggested him that?"

He shook his shoulders and laughed with a smug.

"Don't get angry. The results aren't what I hoped for..." He then said after raising his hand to me, activating his technique which apparently does nothing.

Yuki jolted and looked at me instinctively.

She recognized that Getou was trying to subdue me with his technique, trying to see if he can place me inside his orb and consume me.

But it did nothing.

It merely sent goosebumps to my skin from the disgust.

"See? How disappointing." Getou commented darkly.