61: Inside a Scheme

"You know, when you obliterate my whole family, you should have make sure I was also dead." I said as I gaze through the horizon, the mountains kept casting their shadows with one another from the distance.

The sun hasn't risen yet.

The smell of the fresh grasses, the morning crickets ticking their alarms, and the cold morning mist...I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with the same cold air. It felt good.

It was one of those times where I was thankful for being alive...

"Why do you say so?" Sukuna replied, tucking all his arms inside the sleeves of his kimono, and stood beside me.

He, too, was impassively gazing at the view before us. I guess it's what you can say as appreciating nature --- a demon appreciating the work of the Gods. Such a rare activity for him to actually do for once.

"Then, did you purposefully let me live? Or was it because you missed that I get to live for now? Which one is it?"

"Both." He replied.

Both?

"Why? Was I too adorable as a child that your desire of murdering me was halted? You really are a sucker for pretty women, or in my case, pretty girls, Ryomen Sukuna." I smiled mischievously.

"Ha?"

His eyes instantly gave a deathly glare of irritation to which I laughed off. Raising my hands in surrender, I then shut my mouth and just giggled.

He was staring at me without any emotion as I do so...just staring.

"If I told you that I didn't kill you because I wasn't able to, will you laugh it off?" He then said in a low tone.

My eyebrows furrowed a bit.

"Really? How come?"

"Two reasons...you were the Chosen One, and the other is because I want you. You get to live because of that."

I deadpanned.

"You do know that you sound like a pervert when you say that you're lusting over a child? Don't you have any decency?"

Sukuna's technique immediately launched to me, I quickly raised my finger to block it off. He was irritated, of course, meanwhile, I was laughing with joy.

Making fun of him and still getting to see the light of day afterward is gold.

"Onna, stop mocking me. Do you want me to take you here first thing in the morning?" He stepped into my space and grabbed my arm, hands creeping into my bottom.

I looked at him blankly. "We're merely having a conversation."

"Talking about things other than blood, killing, and gore is refreshing...I find it interesting." I replied politely, holding his hand to remove my arm from his grip.

"Tch!"

He let go and assumed his original position from earlier. As my curiosity was still in full gear just like the awakening sun, I continued asking, but now more calmly.

"Can you tell me why?" I started.

"What do you really want from me, Sukuna? What have you failed to obtain from my family, that you have now found in me?"

I waited...

But he didn't answer. And so I kept on talking.

"Is it really that worth it for you to abstain yourself from taking my petty life?"