54: Fair Warning

"What are you doing?"

Uraume pushed himself from the ground casually and then started to heal himself. Getou was clutching an entity on his hand, attempting to consume it right before he was interrupted.

Sayuri was passed out cold, she was in an unconscious state due to the extraction that happened to her; breathing heavily and her face distorted into a painful expression as if she was having a nightmare.

After fully recovering the injuries he got, Uraume stepped up and gave Getou a warning look. Their goal was to abduct Sayuri and restrain her until they fed Sukuna most of his fingers...it wasn't part of the negotiation for extracting the cursed child.

"Give that back." He said in a low tone.

Getou's lips formed into a playful smirk, showing Uraume the crystal he was holding before asking:

"Why?"

Uraume didn't bat an eye and just continued to look at him dangerously. "That belongs to Sukuna-sama."

"Are you sure? This is what probably connects Abe with your master. I thought you want to get rid of her? Or am I missing something, Uraume-kun?" Getou chuckled and brought down the orb from his lips, now playing it on his hands.

Uraume maintained his stoic expression.

Whether if it was indeed the fragments of their child that inside of Sayuri that enabled her to connect with his master --- he doesn't know. Because as far as he can remember, Sayuri already had Sukuna's cursed energy long before he even brought her to his shrine.

"Sukuna-sama, please forgive my insolence...but I think it would be better if we kill that woman as soon as possible," Uraume spoke after accompanying Sukuna in one of his carnage.

Covered in the blood of many sorcerers and common people of those he murdered, Ryomen Sukuna chuckled after hearing his attendant finally speaking for himself. Moreover, it's about Sayuri.

"Why do you think so?" He asked.

"Because she's dangerous. She's a threat to you, Sukuna-sama...and that woman...I don't know what she is to you, but she'll no doubt betray you. She's using you!"

Sukuna let out a bark of laughter after his servant's surprising display of demand in front of him. It was the first time Uraume ever raised his voice in front of him...and it only cost him a spine-chilling glare from Sukuna which contradicted his smile.

Uraume swallowed.

"Indeed, you are right. Sayuri is dangerous and is a threat to my plan. She has the potential --- a powerful sorcerer enough to exorcise me. But Sayuri herself doesn't know how to utilize all her gifts, therefore, rendering all that useless."

"Her humanity is her weakness. She's weak despite being so strong. And that is why I always keep her close to me..."

"It's only me who can unleash her true potential...and I'll be the one to use her powers."

"Why not just kill her?"

"I need her." Sukuna stated bluntly which made Uraume paused in dismay.

"You need...her?" He muttered, and there was an evident tone of jealousy in his words.

"I-Is that why she has...I don't trust Abe Sayuri beside you, Sukuna-sama. And I won't hesitate to kill her as long as if it's for your-" Uraume stopped his words as soon as he felt the atmosphere instantly shifted to something menacing.