57: Shadow of Death

The three famous clans of the Jujutsu society each have their own reasons why they are famous. Well, mostly because they're strong and their techniques are inheritable. Families that came from a long line of sorcerers...that's what they are.

Because they are famous, of course, rumors and gossips aren't really hard to miss. I do remember that someone from the Zenin Clan could not produce curses, a great misfortune especially if you belong to them.

That man cut off his ties with the Zenin and soon became an infamous assassin --- the sorcerer killer.

I never heard of him nor had this information before. It's only when Satoru almost died that I knew him. Tojii was his name, I believe.

Zenin...Fushiguro Tojii. Satoru told me that he was the father of Megumi.

No wonder they look alike.

"You're a sharp woman, I'll give you that. What are you? A historian or something? I'm pretty sure I wasn't famous." The man brought down his weapon and sat lazily on the floor.

I told him if he moves away from my technique he would lose his consciousness. He was thinking of attacking me but probably doesn't want to be controlled again, so he took my word and chilled out for a second.

We were at the top of a building. And sitting at the edge of the tower, he was gazing to the city with a smirk on his face.

"A sorcerer killer would be famous in the Jujutsu society, wouldn't you think?" I replied, turning my heel to face him.

"As far as I can remember, you were that man who killed Master Tengen's supposed vessel. You even put Gojo Satoru in a near-death experience...why wouldn't I know you?"

"Gojo..." He paused a bit before letting out a laugh.

"Ah, yes! The one with the legendary six eyes. That kid got me real good. I didn't want to lose to him and I ended up dying because of it."

Is he really chatty?

I have to leave too, but then why am I chatting with him?

"Where is that kid? I bet he's already a big shot, huh? A lady-killer, I'm sure. Bunch of ladies hanging like potatoes... Man, I'm envious."

"He's sealed." I simply said.

"Nah, you're kidding."

"No. Do I look like I'm kidding?"

We both stared at each other blankly before he let out a bark of laughter. "Sealed? Haha! Good for him." The man said nonchalantly, not even giving a damn about Satoru.

Well...

That's good, right? Count him off to those who want to keep that idiot in that box. But still, it doesn't imply that he's harmless.

Once he steps out from my technique, he'll hunt again. And I have no choice but to fight him? I don't have the time for that. 

"I miss getting laid." I then heard him say out of nowhere which made me glance at him. He let out a sigh before looking at me with a suggestive grin.

"Hey, why don't you and I have a quick-"

"I'm Gojo's fiancee, so don't bother." I cut him off, giving him a sharp eye before he could finish his sentence. He's definitely chattier than I thought he would be.

"Oh? That's even more inviting, isn't it?"

His remarks were quite insulting but I can tell he was just playing around. He's just being an asshole without a doubt.