10: The Descendant

The ones we love...

I wonder if the one who cursed me is somehow like that?

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts, wondering what came into me after thinking about that. I returned my attention to Rika-chan who gently laid down Yuuta on the floor.

"I don't want...Yuuta to die...please..."

I didn't think twice as I walked towards them and checked on Yuuta. He was still breathing, though it's becoming shallow. Rika's curse was slowly eating away his life force as a result of sacrificing himself to remove her limits. The only way to save him now is to dispel Rika.

I can nullify the curse for the meantime to slow it down, to at least give some time for the two of them to dispel their curses. That's if they can make it...once I lift my nullification and they didn't, Yuuta will die.

"Rika-chan, the only one who can save Yuuta is you. What I'll do now in the meantime is to halt the effects. I can't keep this up for a long time though, my own restriction will collapse if I keep using it."

I undid my domain and we were back to the school. I immediately carried Yuuta to transfer him with the others, but stopped after seeing Rika standing behind.

"You're not coming?"

"You're not...going to...exorcise me?"

My question was answered by another question.

"Not really. It's not like you're a bad spirit, Rika-chan. Besides, if I exorcise you know, then you wouldn't be able to dispel the curse. Yuuta will still die, either way." I explained casually, "So? Are you coming?"

This time, she nodded.

"Sayuri-sensei! What happened to Yuuta? Is he dead? No way?!"

"Shit, I'm not prepared for this. I'm a Panda, I shouldn't cry...Is Yuuta dead?!"

"Takana..."

I wasn't able to transfer him at all since Maki, Panda, and Toge immediately headed towards us. I laid Yuuta to the ground instead and Rika-chan took a seat, two meters from him and just watched silently.

"Everyone, I'm sorry...but Yuuta's..." I spoke seriously which caught their attention.

All of their faces were beyond shocked; Maki was about to tear up and I haven't even finished my line yet.

I wanted to laugh at their faces.

"What's with your faces? Yuuta's not dead...yet..." I continued which immediately contorted their faces for an instant. But then again, I'm not Satoru so they can't hate me for long.

"What do you mean by 'yet', sensei?!" Maki asked.

Before I could explain, however, Yuuta regained his consciousness and did his part of explaining himself.

"Haaah?! Doesn't that mean you have to die?!"

"What were you thinking, moron!!"

As Yuuta started going towards Rika-chan, Rika's cursed form started to crumble and fell off, revealing a young girl that somehow indeed looks like me a bit.

Now that's something. They really did dispell it.

"Congratulations," someone stepped together with us while clapping, "Dispelling complete."

It was Satoru and the students didn't recognize him immediately though.

With the Hundred Demons Night Parade has come to an end, Rika-chan finally rested in peace. And with Satoru, ending Getou-senpai. It was a tiring event. But thankfully, it was done.