55: Non-existent Dream

I dreamt of a child...

A child with small hands; its delicate fingers were holding onto mine. It was a strange feeling. I never held a child before and yet its skin was soft...it felt familiar.

A small fragile child wanting to be born in this accursed world. It kept holding on to me...

Until it let go.

"Sayuri." He called my name.

"More...I want more..."

The night was cold...

The wind was blowing coldly because we were out in the open; right under the starlight with the moon shining down at us. The night was cold, and yet everything was warm.

Beads of sweat fell from my forehead as he continued to embrace me in his arms. My nails were digging to his back, clinging to his shoulders as he moved rapidly; he's already lost in his element.

Strangely enough, I can see him struggling as well. Although, unlike mine where there's also pain, his' were only made up of pleasure...he was struggling because I could never get used to him.

Sukuna was enjoying every bit of it, but it never once satisfied him. He never gets full; he always came back hungrier.

His eyes were fixed to me and whenever I meet his red orbs, he would always claim my lips and take my breath away. I wanted to look at him...I want to know whether if there's meaning to the things we've done...

The sins we've committed together...

But he never answered it --- He showed me nothing. I never got an answer to why he wanted to take everything until I am left with nothing.

From the beginning until he finishes, each move he made was precise and intense.

I wondered if it means something to him? Although there's probably none...

He never told me anything.

Why am I seeing this?

"Ugh...uhh...Hngh!"

Feeling my guts quickly coming up to my mouth, I threw the sheets aside and reached out for the pottery decoration on the side of the room.

I was sick...I feel sick as I continued to vomit nothing but my soul inside the vase.

Is this what a drinking sickness feels like? (she's talking about hangovers)

But I don't remember having any alcohol last night...

"Sayuri-sama, your food is here." Uraume slid the door open and came inside the chambers after knocking.

He was in his usual displeased face, bearing every bit of displeasure as he carried the tray which offered my usual breakfast.

There was a lot of food, but neither of them caught my interest. Just by looking at them, I don't feel like eating at all even if they look so delicious.

"I don't want to eat...maybe later." I brushed my hair to the side and wiped off my cold sweat.

Uraume was glaring at me after I just dismissed his cooking. His specialty is cooking humans for Sukuna after all but now, he's stuck in cooking normal foods for me.

"If you don't have any plans on eating at all, please do tell. I should only be cooking for Sukuna-sama, and yet here you are wasting all my work." He laid down the tray to the table and demanded me to sit down.

I sighed and walked towards him, only to cover each plate with its lids.

"No...I'm not feeling well. Don't force me to eat, Uraume. Do you want to see me vomit it?" I said.