30: Curses and Judgements (Part Two)

2/2

Note: Long chapter ahead (gomenasai!)

With Sayuri's curtain being laid down to the entire area of the Sugawara's, none of them could get out anymore. Different sorcerers from different clans gathering up at a single place, the supposed execution for the traitor has now turned its tables and has ricochet to them.

Almost a hundred sorcerers ranging from grade 2 to grade 1, and 1 special grade sorcerer Sugawara Yukihiro all have the same goals of putting down the special grade defected sorcerer, Abe Sayuri. 

"I thought we were just overestimating Abe-san's prowess, but I guess she really does live up to her name as an Abe...reducing our numbers by half," Kamo Agito commented as Sayuri made her way back to the main grounds, leaving many sorcerers incapacitated on her tracks. 

Half of their numbers were taken down by her on her own.

Sayuri was covered with blood though she doesn't exactly know whether if it was hers or the people she fought with. She didn't care.

"You didn't kill them. Why?" Sugawara asked as he went down the stairs to meet her at the front. 

"Not yet. Once I defeat all of you, that's when I'm going to kill us all." She replied with a smile.

An honest reply that completely masked its terrifying meaning. 

"Why are you doing this?" 

"Why?" Sayuri raised her eyebrow and chuckled.

"Didn't we already talk, Sugawara? I made myself clear that you all have left me with no choice...you all wanted to kill me, right? How many are you again? You're waging war on Ryomen Sukuna and yet you can't even defeat me? I'm only one."

"If I'm dying today, I don't want to meet my end under the hands of such half-assed people."

"Is that so?" Sugawara also smiled, "If that's the case, then do your best Sayuri...for I will do the honor of killing you." He raised his hand and with that, Bianchi immediately came out together with what's left of their forces. 

It was different now.

Earlier, Sayuri was battling sorcerers and it was easy for her to defeat them because they all used techniques that are all useless against her.

Abe Sayuri's innate technique is curse nullification. She can erase and negate all techniques within her range and even cancels out all their effects, giving her what you can call 'immunity' against them, as long as she disables them. 

Not only that, due to her unique cursed energy that can somehow combine with the effects of her nullification, Sayuri can amplify it and use it as a combatant to other sorcerers' cursed energy. In other words, she also has the ability to negate the flow of cursed energy of others, be it curses or sorcerers.

"Surround her!" 

"Don't leave an opening!" 

With many sorcerers constantly charging at her, Sayuri's barrier technique couldn't keep up because of its 5-second intervals. Also because they were fighting her with actual weapons this time rather than techniques instead, even if she erased all their curses, they didn't stop. This is where she's clearly at the disadvantage of being outnumbered. 

Both strength and numbers.

"Tch! You're all persistent!" With a swing of her naginata, Sayuri laid out her barrier and blew them all away. But at that moment,

"Fire the arrows!"

Archers have shot their arrows at her, and as she prepared to cut them all down, Bianchi appeared behind her and landed a hit on her shoulder causing her to miss.