Chapter 8- You Promised Me The Truth.

“Katy?” 

She stared blankly into my eyes, I could see the fear and how uncomfortable she was. 

“Who is it Kate?” 

The hotel door barged open and an exhausted looking Shannon walked in eating a chicken burger wrapped in McDonald’s paper. Katy’s head quickly spun around to face Shannon, she stood up and began walking towards her. 

“Hey Shan!” 

“Hiya what you-” Shannon’s eyes fixed on me and she smiled widely, “Sammie!” 

Within a few seconds, Shannon’s arms were wrapped tightly around my body and I inhaled the fast food scent. Her arms were wrapped just a little too tight causing me to wince in pain. Shannon pulled back and gasped, covering her mouth with her hand scared that she had just hurt me. 

“I’m so sorry, did I hurt you?!” She fretted. 

“Just a little, don’t worry it’s fine,” 

“I’m so glad you’re okay!” She said before standing up and taking her shoes off. 

“Thanks,” I faced back towards a zoned out Katy, she stood with her arms folded protectively across her chest staring into thin air. Her standing with her arms crossed was giving off the vibe she didn’t want to let me in, but I was going to try anyway. “Katy…” 

She looked at me once, then turned her attention away to Shannon whilst she finished off her chicken burger. 

“When are you not eating fast food Shan? Well… I suppose I’m not one to talk, but still, If I’m picking up on it you must be bad!” She joked. 

I started to feel angry at the way she was just completely avoiding answering my question. 

“Hm, should I use my invisibility to fight crime or for evil?” I asked sarcastically, Shannon laughed with her mouth full at my snide comment, but Katy wasn’t amused. Yet she carried on staying silent. 

“Are you two in the middle of something? I can give you some time if you want,” As she stood up to walk into her bedroom Katy quickly stopped her. 

“No it’s fine, where have you been anyway?” 

“She’s been running away from her problems Katy,” Both of their eyes glued to me full of confusion, “Oh wait no, that’s you!” I stood up and began walking to the door. 

“Where are you going?” Katy called behind me. 

“Somewhere I won’t be ignored…” I opened the hotel room door and walked out, making sure to pull the door shut with so much force it nearly came off it’s hinges, slamming into place. If she didn’t already know I was annoyed with her, I’m pretty damn sure she did now. 

“Talk to her about him Kate, you knew this conversation was bound to come soon,” I heard Shannon say to Katy on the other side of the door.

I could feel my temper rising, how we had just had a heart to heart conversation and promised not to keep things from each other, then she does this. I understood it might be hard for her, but I deserve to know where I come from, who my own father is. I walked down the corridor running my hands through my hair, I didn’t know where my house was from here but I had my cell so I could just ring a taxi. Then I heard a door open, I thought it might be Katy but I didn’t bother to turn around. 

“Wait!” I recognised Katy’s voice, but I carried on walking. 

I pressed the button on the elevator and the doors opened, I stepped inside and lent my back against the wall. A hand slid between the two doors, making them retract and begin opening again. Katy’s face appeared, she was panting and out of breath from running.