-Christmas Special Chapter-

I opened my eyes to my dark, warm bedroom, turning myself in my bed. I let out a small cough as I pulled the sheets closer to my face, getting myself into a comfier position. The coldness of this time of the year was picking up, but Katy kept the heating on all the time so the house was warm and toasty. I scrunched my toes and flicked the little bit of hair out of my face, before letting my head sink into my fluffy, white pillow.

It was at that point that realization hit me, and the excited feeling entered my stomach. My eyes shot open, a smile appearing on my face, then it seemed my body wasn’t tired anymore. I flung myself out of bed, not bothering to straighten out my sheets, but pulling on my thick, pink dressing gown as quickly as possible. My eyes began to adjust to the darkness, so I could just about see where I was going. When I caught sight of my alarm clock, I realized it was only 7am and the darkness still filled the skies of London, but I didn’t care.

I shot into my parents’ room faster than I ever knew I could run, nevermind in the morning. The small lamp beside their king size bed made it easy for me to see them both. Of course, they were still sleeping. Katy’s head rested on Oliver’s bare chest, but with a little bit of room between them that I could easily crawl into. Their heavy breathing as they slept was the only sound that could be heard. I felt slightly guilty at the fact they were about to be so rudely awoken.

I crept to the side of the bed - the side that Katy was on - before pulling back the covers and crawling my way into the middle of them both, my head peering over the top of the covers.

“Mom,” I whispered as I lightly shook Katy, but it made no difference. She was too deep in her sleep to be able to hear me.

I smirked to myself, before pulling myself up so I was on both knees, then dropping myself back down so I landed on the pair of them. Their tired grunts made it clear that they were awake.

“It’s Christmas!” I shouted, definitely too loud for 7am in the morning, “Get up quick!”

My mom and dad chuckled beneath me, and I looked down at their tired faces as they looked up at me smiling. This was our first Christmas together...as a family. I wanted it to be a memorable one; one that we wouldn’t forget for the rest of our lives. I laughed to myself as I began bouncing excitedly up and down on my knees, looking more like a seven year old rather than the age I actually am - which in now sixteen as of a couple of weeks ago.

As I continued bouncing on my knees, quietly repeating ‘It’s Christmas, It’s Christmas’, I felt something soft and thick collide with my face, throwing me backwards so that my body landed flat on the bed behind me. I giggled as I picked up the pillow that my mom had just hit me with and threw it full force back at her face.

“You’re a bitch for waking us up this early, little girl,” my mom laughed, nudging me in the arm with her foot, but only making me giggle even more.

I think with it being Christmas, she was making an exception and not being her usual cranky self in a morning, because it was rare for her to wake up in such a good mood.

“I’ll tell you what,” my dad said seriously, making me and my mom look at him questioningly as he slowly pulled back the sheets on the bed.

I shuffled my body so that I was now back up onto my knees, and watched as Oliver pulled on a black shit. His hair messed up even more when his head appeared through the hole, then he looked at us and the serious look disappeared. A smirk then formed on his face.

“The-first-person-downstairs-gets-to-open-the-first-present,” he said so quickly I only just managed to quite understand what he said, before sprinting quickly out of the bedroom door.