Chapter 28- Los Angeles.

The next five weeks went by so quickly that I barely had time to take it all in. I had seen Ste every weekend since I had been in LA, I would have a phone call a couple of days a week off my parents and I had somehow become even closer than ever with Katy. I didn’t even know that was possible. 

The new school I was now at wasn’t actually as bad as I thought it would be. The teachers were fairly nice, pupil’s recognized me as ‘Katy Perry’s little sister’ straight away, but the fuss seems to have died down now. At first, every single lesson there was a different person asking me the same questions. 

‘What’s is like being related to Katy Perry?’ 

‘What other famous people do you know?’ 

‘You live in the bit with all the mansions don’t you?’ 

I shouldn’t complain though, if Katy wasn’t my sister and I had just met someone who was related to say…Beyonce, I’d be pretty excited. We were all teenagers, this is what we do. We eat, sleep and get way too over the top about famous people. 

My biggest fear of starting an entirely new school was being on my own. Sitting alone at lunch and not having any friends, but that wasn’t the case. I’d become close friends with a girl in my grade named Elenor, she gave me a tour of the school on my first day, walked me to all my lessons, stayed with me and lunch and break, she’s actually been pretty great to me. I wondered at first whether it was because I was the ‘sister’ of a famous person, but turns out she didn’t even know to start with. She just befriended me out of the kindness of her heart. Bless her. 

We were in the canteen when a boy in the twelfth grade yelled over to me, “Gonna get it on with Katy Perry’s sister.” 

I took no notice, it was probably a common thing to get things yelled at you when you were the ’new girl’. 

Elenor seemed to ignore it too, probably because she didn’t know what the hell they were on about.  

“Samantha Hudson, can I bang your sister?” I think his name was Tyler.

I rolled my eyes, typical teenage boy behaviour. 

“Do they know your sister or something?” Elenor asked, slightly laughing at the boys eyeing us from behind. I was sick of the winks and looks I’d been getting off them since I had been here. I had a boyfriend, and I made it pretty damn clear to them that that was the case. I wasn’t interested. 

“Um kinda.” 

“The one you’re living with?” 

Obviously mine and Katy’s secret would remain…mine and Katy’s secret. Meaning, I would not be telling Elenor about my mixed up mother-daughter-sisterly relationship with Katy. I hadn’t even told Alex about this, which I felt terrible about. I do trust her, it’s just in my mind, the less people that know the better. Nobody else needed to know, it’s between the two people. Me and Katy. 

“Yup. Katy.” 

At that point, the same boy yelled something else across the canteen. “Yo Perry. Get me an autograph.” 

“It’s Hudson.” I mumbled, shaking my head and hoping this would stop. 

“Autograph?” Elenor laughed. 

Everyone who was sat on our table with us was now staring directly at me. Two of them I knew, Lily and Allie, but the others were new faces. I didn’t know what to say, or how to say it. If I just came out with ‘Oh my sister’s Katy Perry’ that might make me sound snobby… like I think I’m better than them because my sister’s famous, which isn’t the case. I would never see myself being any bigger or smaller than anyone else whether my sister was rich or poor, everyone’s equal in this world. That’s how I see it anyway.