Chapter 29- Mother's Day.

[Katy’s POV] 

“I know I’m not there to celebrate it with you, but I hope you have a good day anyway.” I spoke down the phone to my mom. It was the first year we hadn’t spent Mother’s Day with her. “I’ll get Sammie to call you when she’s up. Happy Mother’s day mom, I love you, bye.” 

Just as I put the phone down, Samantha came prancing down the stairs. The first thing I noticed was a red envelope in her hand, that must have been the card Shannon was on about. I couldn’t stop the huge smile that was taking over my face at the minute.

“Morning Angel.” I said sweetly, quickly embracing her in a tight hug. She laughed and faced upwards so she was looking at me. 

“Good morning to you too, and may I ask why you’re so happy today?” 

I let go of her and shrugged, “I’m happy every day.” 

“Right. You’re never a moody cow are you not? No, not Katy.” She shot me a wink as I playfully slapped her arm. 

I found it unusual how Samantha hadn’t given me the card yet, she just kept it firmly gripped in her hand beside her. I wasn’t going to say anything just in case she didn’t want to give it to me yet, I’d just wait for her. 

“You should try doing the job I do, it’s stressful sometimes.” I informed her.

Sammie just chuckled and followed me into the living room. It was strange how she was fully clothed and had her hair and make up done. It was 9am, was I missing something here? This girl doesn’t usually get up until half eleven if she’s allowed a sleep in, she’d gotten up now by choice and wasn’t even moaning or complaining like usual in a morning.  

I handed out the phone to her, “Here. Call Mom.” 

Sammie nodded and made her way into the kitchen, closing the door behind her. I pulled out my phone and checked twitter, letting out some sly laughs as I looked at the photo I had posted last night. It was a picture of Sammie that I had taken whilst she was asleep on her laptop, she looked so adorable that I just wanted to run in the kitchen right now and squeeze her. The caption was ‘Werking hard. It runs in the family.’  

 It had thousands of likes and RT’s, so whilst Sammie was on the phone I decided to read a few of people’s comments. 

@Katyispurrfection: @KatyPerry OMG that is seriously so cute!

@Fallin-from-cloud-nine: @KatyPerry Your sister is like your twin, I love you both. @SamanthaHudson

@KatyCatEriana: Can’t even cope with this picture of @KatyPerry ‘s sister, too cute! 

@KP4ever: @KatyPerry SAMANTHA! LOOK HOW PRETTY SHE IS EVEN WHEN SHE’S SLEEPING! 

A couple of minutes later Sammie stood in the doorway of the kitchen holding out the phone. I took it off her and put it back on the hook. 

“You need to go to the store.” Sammie told me. 

I frowned and walked towards her, “What for?” 

She hesitated for a moment, looking around the living room like she was thinking. “We need um, milk.” 

We both went food shopping for a couple of hours yesterday, and just practically spent loads of money on tons of food. There was no way we needed milk, I probably bought like two pints of it. 

“We don’t need milk.” I laughed, “I made a coffee before, there’s plenty.” 

“Well…” Before I had chance to but it, she carried on. “…I-I dropped it on the floor and now we need some more. I want some cerial.”