Chapter 34- Headmaster's Office.

I made my way up into my bedroom, just sitting down on my bed with my phone in hand. Hopefully Katy would forget that I still had my phone and I could just slyly use it. 

A bang from downstairs indicated that Katy had just come in through the front door. I shoved my phone into my back pocket as I heard her foot steps up the stairs. Just a couple of seconds with no silence, until my bedroom door opened. Katy walked in wearing the same facial expression she’d been wearing for the past three weeks. Her hand was flat open in front of her, as she looked at me with raised eyebrows. I put on my best confused look to try and act oblivious to what was going on, but I knew what she wanted, my phone. 

“What?” I shrugged. 

Katy snorted, “Mom always said you would make a good actress.” 

I repeated my shrug, biting the corner of my lip as I continued my roll being confused. 

“Phone. Now.” She stated firmly, her face not changing one bit. 

“I haven’t got it.” 

As if on cue, a loud message tone echoed from my back pocket. Really? Who is the person that just had to text me right now? Katy raised her eyebrows.  

I scrunched up my eyes and groaned, pulling my Iphone out of my back pocket, before slamming it down onto my white wooden desk. I watched as Katy walked over to it and picked up my phone in her hand. Her eyes seemed to catch onto something else, then when I followed her stare I noticed her reading my ‘Headmaster’s achievement award’ certificate. On the front it read: ‘For outstanding results in both English Literature and Music practice exams. Awarded to Samantha Hudson by Headmaster, Barry Collinson’.

My face lit up as I sore the corners of Katy’s mouth turn into a small smile. It was only small, but I could see it. I hadn’t seen that smile of hers in so long, but it didn’t last. She quickly returned to her upset, annoyed face and spun around to face me. 

“You didn’t mention practice exams.” 

I sighed and looked down at the floor, “I did Katy, you just didn’t listen.” I looked back up and noticed Katy staring at me with furrowed eyebrows. She looked so angry, but how was that my fault? Was she angry at me for that? 

“You can have this back in a week.” She said as she turned around to walk away. 

My jaw dropped open. A week. Is she actually serious? I don’t even know how I’m going to last a day with out my phone, never mind seven! 

“You’re joking, right?” I stood with my arms out at either side of me. 

“Yeah Samantha, I’m joking.” Katy sarcastically replied, no tone in her voice at all. 

Same old, same old. 

Samantha. 

There she goes with the full name. 

Katy disappeared down the stairs, my phone with her in her hand. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek. Was this how my life was going to be from now on? Me and Katy constantly ignoring each other and not taking interest. I hated it. We were both living in the same house, each and every day, yet it seemed like we were miles apart.

[Next day] 

I tapped my pen against the hard desk in front of me, unable to get a single thought out onto the paper. Every single person in my class had their heads down writing. Some of them even had a couple of pages full of writing, where as I just sat with it blank. Once again, I was too distracted by the thought of having to go home once again to a house that I felt so alone in. Just thinking of the fact I was slowly losing the most important person in my life and I didn’t know how to stop it, was making me want to run away and hide.