Chapter 12- Goodbye Katy.

"Where's Shan and Markus?" I asked Katy as I walked into the quiet living room. 

"Shannon starts filming tomorrow and Markus is at an event tonight, so they went back to LA this morning." She replied whilst chewing firmly on a piece of toast. 

"Oh." 

I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of pure orange. The only noise is the house was coming from the TV in the living room that Katy was watching. With Shannon and Markus gone it was a lot more quiet, plus my mom and dad were shopping, not that they made much noise anyway. It felt so peaceful. 

"Sammie?" Katy shouted from the next room. 

"Yeah?" 

The noise from the TV could no longer be heard, so she had either switched it off or muted it. 

"You do know I have to go back to LA tonight don't you?" 

I almost choked on the mouthful of orange juice that I had in my mouth. I quickly swallowed it and put the glass on the counter. 

"Um yeah," I replied, trying not to let Katy hear the upset in my voice. But this was Katy we are on about, she knows me more than anyone, she knew I was upset about it.

I slowly walked into the front room. Katy was watching me carefully as I sat down behind her. 

"What time are you leaving?" I sighed, she crossed her legs and faced me. 

"John's coming here for a few hours first, then we're leaving at around 6 or 7." 

I really didn't want Katy to leave, but I suppose this is just the way it always was. She comes to see me, then leaves again for around a month at a time. I know her schedule is hectic, but I'm her daughter. I'm more imporant, aren't I? 

I looked up and noticed she was staring right at me, our eyes locked and I gave her one of my fake smiles, "When will you be back?" 

Katy smiled back, but then once I asked, her smile dropped a little and she gave out a heavy sigh. 

"I- erm...I don't...exactly know. I'm going to be in the studio working on the new album for a while, things will be pretty crazy."

I could feel tears starting to well up in my eyes, but I didn't want to make Katy feel bad, so I tried my best to keep them from falling. My head dropped slightly, so that I was no longer looking her in the eyes, and I started fiddling with my fingers in my lap. 

"Okay," 

"I will call you every day, I promise!" 

Katy linked my pinkie in hers then liften my chin up with her finger. I knew that she noticed the tears in my eyes, because her face dropped even more than it was and she creased her eyebrows. A worried expression took over her face, then she touched the side of my face with her hand. 

"I'm sorry," She whispered, "I hate having to leave you," 

I put my hand over hers and squeezed it tight. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." I reassured her. 

"Sammie I worry about you when you're in the next room asleep. I worry about you when you're sat right in front of me. Of course I'm going to worry a hundred times more when we're in different cities," 

"You know that mom and dad aren't going to let anything happen to me, why do you worry so much?" Maybe it was a mother thing. 

"It's just the way it's always been, do you remember when you was about eight and I came down from LA for a few days, so me and mom took you to the park and you slipped off the climbing frame?" Katy recalled.