Chapter 37- Got You

I pushed them off me. Left. Right. Forwards. Behind me. The harder I pushed the more aggressive they got. I’m too young for this, too small and too soft, I can’t fight them off. My eyes hurt, constant blinding flashes were also giving me a headache, along with the loud shouts of my name from all directions. I know I’m a teenager now and I always say I want to be treated like an adult, but I’m just a baby really. I can’t deal with this on my own; they’re all too strong for me to get away from.

“Have you always known?” A deep voice practically yelled into my ear.

I kept my mouth shut. Silence was the answer. I would give them nothing and that meant they could get no new information for tomorrow’s headlines. I would give nothing away. My head remained down, cutting off all eye-contact with them, but now being blind to where I was and where I was going.

The people on the sidewalks didn’t help. They just looked but carried on walking. The fans...some helped to start with, some yelled at the them to leave. Others tried to get me through the huge crowds of white flashes, but only a couple of seconds later they would be lost in the wave. Some just stood and watched, getting involved with the question asking in the hope I would release some sort of information to Katy’s recent revelation. Of course I wouldn’t.

This is my life. Katy’s life too. What does it have to do with anyone else? Them knowing means we don’t have to hide it anymore, it means we can live happily together like a mother and her daughter should, but there will be difficulties...obviously there will be, this is the media. This is Katy’s lifestyle- how she has to live. And now it’s mine too.

“Mamfa?”

I squeezed my eyes shut and reopened them, seeing a worried looking Oliver and Katy stood directly in front of me. Katy lifted her hand and waved in front of my face, trying to get my attention.

I was sat on a kitchen stool just staring blankly at the picture filled wall directly in front of me. I think this is actually the first time I’ve realised there’s a huge professionally taken, black and white picture of me and Katy hung on her wall. My focus remained on that picture, until I blinked and looked back at Oliver.

“You alright there?” He asked with a smile. “You’ve been sat staring into space for the past ten minutes now,”

I let out a sigh of relief, realising that I must have just been day dreaming. ‘You were just imagining it Samantha,’ I repeated in my head. I gave Oliver a smile, one of those ‘I’m-okay-but-really-I’m-not-okay’ smiles. He wouldn’t pick up that something was wrong, and just as I thought...he didn’t. Oliver stood back up from his bent over position and continued eating his orange. It was easy for me to lie to Oliver, not that I liked it, but he hadn’t known me for that long so he couldn’t pick up on it that easily. Unlike someone else.

I looked across at Katy, noticing her stood arms folded with raised eyebrows. Not a single word came out of her mouth, just a small smile that made perfect sense. It was her ‘we’ll-talk’ smiles.

“I’m in the mood for a Chick-fila,” Oliver said whilst chewing his lip.

“Go get one then,” I shrugged, like it was the most obvious answer. I suppose it kind-of was.

“You know what kiddo, I think I might just do that,” He picked up his car keys off side, along with his wallet. “Anyone want anything?”

“No thanks, I’m good,” I replied with a smile.

“I will, just get me what you get,” Katy said.

“Right, won’t be long.”

All was silent as Oliver left, clearly Katy was waiting for him to leave before she tackled me on where my head was at before. To be honest, I wasn’t quite sure why that had happened, but it had completely freaked me out. Maybe that was what was going to happen when the world found out. It would be hard to deal with.