Chapter 14- The plan.

I spent the majority of Sunday slouched around the living room eating junk food and watching movies on TV. My dad also took me to town to replace my cell phone. It turns out my iphone was insured, so we got my new one for free. It was the same phone, except this one was white whereas my last one was black. I got a new sim card, which meant my number was different, so I sent my new number to Alex and a few other friends. 

  It was Monday morning and I was walking to school. Alone. It was unusual to open my door and find no one waiting for me on the other side, normally a smiling Ste would be there. But not this morning.

School was only a five minute walk, so I got there pretty quickly unlike most days. It would take me and Ste about fifteen minutes to get there with all the messing about we did on the way. 

I walked to my locker and threw my coat inside. I jumped a bit at the sound of my name being shouted behind me. Hesitantly, I turned to find Alex running over to me. 

“Oh hey,” I greeted her. 

“Hey, did Ste get in touch with you yesterday?” 

My heart dropped a little, “erm, no, why?” 

We both started walking down the corridor towards our lesson. It was English first. 

“He said he needed to talk with you, it sounded important.” 

I just shrugged my shoulders and carried on walking, even though I knew what he wanted to talk about. The plan was to avoid him for the day to avoid an awkward conversation that I didn’t want to have. 

Me and Alex looked at each other confused when we walked into our empty English classroom. No students, no teacher. Just us. 

“Where is everybody?” She asked with slight laughter in her voice. 

“I don’t know.” 

I walked back out onto the corridor and noticed a teacher’s assistant putting some files into a cabinet. I approached her then cleared my throat. 

“Erm, Miss?” 

The assistant was in her early 20’s, maybe even 19. “Yes?” She smiled sweetly. 

“I don’t know where my class is,” I said, showing signs of embarrassment. 

“Your grade is in assembly with the rest of the school.” 

“Oh, okay. Thanks.” 

I walked back into our English classroom and caught Alex doodling humorous pictures on the whiteboard. 

“Al!” I shouted. 

She just laughed then rubbed them off with her sleeve. Luckily her sweater was black, so no black white board pen was seen rubbed onto her clothing. 

“Everyone’s in assembly, we need to hurry.” 

“Shit.” Alex murmured under her breath. 

    We walked quickly to the school hall. The head teacher was stood at the front, he was speaking to the rest of the school. Me and Alex quietly entered the double doors at the front, but the squeaking caused the rest of the school’s attention to turn to us. Our head teacher, Mr Dootson, stopped talking and glared at me and Alex as we disturbed his assembly. 

The eldest grade was at the front, then the next grade was behind them and then my grade behind the second row, and so on. I quickly scanned everyone looking for my year group, but my eyes locked with someone’s. Ste was sat on the front row with the rest of the Jocks, there was about five of them, including him, in bright red jackets with white DP lettering on the front. DP stood for Dos Pueblos. I attend the same school that Katy did when she was younger, although she was only here for 9th grade.