Chapter 46- Jay Leno

I wake up in my bed, strangely since I don’t even remember being asleep, and the last place I remember being was in the back of Oliver’s car. I look at the clock and notice it’s 10:00am. The light is reflecting through my half open curtains; the sun burns through onto the side of my face. As my eyes look around me room, not yet ready to get out of bed, they come into contact with the Headmaster’s Achievement Award I was given that’s now stood up on my dressing table.

I smile to myself, proud of the hard work I had done to get it. As I lay in bed, looking at the award triggers something in my head. I jump up, out of my bed, faster than I have ever moved in my life, and pull open my wardrobe doors.

“Crap. Crap. Crap.” I mutter to myself, eyeing the clock beside my bed again.

I look through my clothes for my black skinny jeans, but see that they are nowhere in sight. I shut the doors, running a hand tiredly through my notty bed head and sprint out of my bedroom door.

“Moooooooom!” I yell whilst running quickly down the stairs. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

When I run into the kitchen, the first thing I see is a confused looking Katy and Shannon having what looks to be, coffee. I throw open the refrigerator door, my eyes scanning through whatever was in the fridge. I didn’t see anything that filled my appetite (I was quite fussy in a morning you see) but I settled on a chocolate milkshake and a banana. Banana’s were what my teachers called ‘brain food’ because apparently it helps you concentrate at school and gives you energy, so whatever.

“Why the rush? What’s going on?” Katy asked me, closing the refrigerator door behind me.

“It’s just gone ten. I’m late! Why didn’t you wake me up?”

As I turn to run back upstairs, I feel myself moving nowhere because of the hard grip someone has on the back of my top.

I spin on my heels and frown at Katy, “are you trying to make me even later that I already am?”

“Late for what?” She says, looking completely oblivious to the fact every child in America has to go to school. Or maybe she was just playing dumb.

“School? I was supposed to be there an hour ago,” I tell her in frustration, starting to peel my banana, in the hope I can eat it as I make my way upstairs to save me time - that’s if I don’t choke on it on the way.

Katy chuckled at how fast my words are coming out, before sitting herself up on a stool beside Shannon.

“Hun, you don’t have school. I pulled you out,” she shrugs.

“Y-you what?”

Katy frowns at me and looks at Shannon, then her eyes return to me and a confused look appears on her face, “I thought that’s what you wanted?”

I feel a sudden release off my shoulders, and I smile at her. It’s one of those ‘thank you for listening to me’ smiles, because facing school everyday now would have been tough.

“I do! I just didn’t think you’d go with it that’s all,” I tell her in all honesty.

Katy only ever wants to best for me, so convincing her to take a chance on me doing education somewhere else was tricky. But it seems this time, I succeeded.

“You have her wrapped around your little finger that’s why,” Shannon smirks, sending a wink over in my direction.

I nod my head, me and Shan smiling at one another knowing she was probably right, but that wasn’t the case in this situation. If Katy didn’t agree with something; if she had her mind set on an answer, she would go through with it - no amount of pleading and a few guilt looks from me would change her mind. Yet I didn’t have to attempt any of that this time.