Chapter 20- Do The Right Thing, Katy.

[Katy’s POV] 

I felt my breathing come to a halt, then the force of Sammie’s door slamming into place shook through out the house. I was still trying to get my head around the fact I had just slapped my own daughter. It wasn’t hard, but that’s not the point. I still did it and I’ve never been more ashamed of myself in all my life. It’s just the fact that he was there, then when I tried to get us both away she refused. I’m the parent. I know I haven’t really acted like one the past fifteen years but I’m still her mother. Everything I do, I do because I love her. Every single bone in her body I love, but this time I just lost it. The way she spoke to me, the way she ignored me when I told her to do something. But how could I? I wasn’t thinking straight, I was angry, she has to understand that, right? Samantha’s going to hate me I just know it. 

Great. 

Well Done. You’ve really done it this time Katy. 

[Samantha’s POV] 

I slid down the back of my door, bringing my knees up and resting my chin on top of them. I brought my hand up to my left cheek, feeling where Katy had slapped it. It wasn’t sore, it didn’t really hurt to be honest, I think it was just the shock more than anything. But still, Katy had hit me, but the look on her face after she realised what she had done proved she didn’t mean it. 

“Samantha, sweetheart?” 

My head snapped up at the sound of Katy’s motherly tone voice on the other end of my door. I scrunched my eyebrows, I was still angry at her for what she did, and for running away from Oliver then shouting at me when I was clearly trying to make her realise she needed to listen to him. 

I felt Katy attempting to open the door, but because I was sat in front of it, it stayed closed. 

“Katy go away.” I spoke in a serious tone. 

I was too angry to even speak to Katy at the minute. If I did end up speaking to her now we would end up arguing even more instead of really talking this through. That’s if talking it through is what I even want. I don’t know what I want anymore. 

“You know I would never hurt you, it was an accident. I-I’m so sorry.” The disappointment in her voice was evident. I almost felt sorry for her. 

Why is it that just when things are going good, something goes wrong? 

Welcome to my life. 

I think Katy was getting the hint that I wasn’t going to talk to her. All I heard was a heavy sigh coming from the other side of the door. 

“I love you.” Katy said softly, before walking back down the stairs. 

I listened for a couple more seconds, then I heard the front room door shut. I got up from the floor, walked across my room and dropped myself onto the double bed. My mom would always say to sleep on things, clear your head and see how you feel afterwards. So I decided I was going to take her advice and go to sleep, maybe I was just angry and being too over dramatic about this. You see it all the time, mothers and their teenage daughters arguing, then the mother would end up slapping the daughter if she went too far. Did I go too far? 

I woke up thinking the same five words as I was when I fell asleep. Did I go too far? I tucked my hair behind my ears and sat up in my bed, still wearing my dress. I looked at my phone and noticed it was 3am. Well done mother, your advice worked. I felt a lot calmer than I was before I fell asleep, meaning I was ready to face Katy with out lunging at her and punching her in the face. 

Did I go too far? 

I asked myself again. Was it my fault? I called her a bitch. I didn’t do as I was told. I shouted at her. But she was running away from Oliver, he’s my dad, I have rights don’t I?