Chapter 42- I love you

[Katy’s POV]

The sea breeze brushed through my damp black hair. I tilted back my head and enjoyed the feels of Oliver’s light kisses on my neck. The only sound came from the waves of the sea, and I honestly felt so happy and at peace in this moment.

His arms were wrapped protectively around my waist as I sat cuddled in between his legs on the sandy beach. I enjoyed the feel of his hand slide up my slightly visible stomach and into my hair; the smell of his cologne rubbed off his shirt and attached to my skin. I loved it. The other hand began slowly stroking my inner thigh where my shorts ended, making goosebumps rise on my skin.

We had been laid here for around twenty minutes, just enjoying each other’s company. Before that, Oliver thought it would be a good idea to go for a swim, in which I got entirely wet from head to toe, but the weather’s it’s usual beautiful self today so I dried off pretty quickly. My hair was still slightly damp but I swept it all to one side and left it to dry naturally.

This was one of the things we would do when we were teenagers. The beach was our favourite place, we went there so much that we started calling it ‘Our Beach’. When we split up, it took me so long to be able to step foot back on Santa Barbara beach. The emptiness and pain in my heart would take over and I’d end up collapsing and completely breaking down. I may have only been a teenager, but I loved him so much.

When I had Sammie I would take her to the beach, only when it was warm enough or else she’d get sick because she was only weeks old, but we would go there a lot together and it somehow felt like he was there with us too. Even though really he wasn’t, but none of that matters, because he is here now. We have our Oliver back.

“Did you love me when you left me?” I broke the silence, leaning my head back a little more so I could see him. “I was convinced you didn’t. I thought it was my fault.”

Oliver creased his eyebrows and stared at me for a couple of seconds, almost in disbelief, “Katy -” He shook his head, “I loved you so much, that’s why I left. I couldn’t put you through it any more.”

I sighed, continuing to stare back out at the calm sea.

“I never want you to feel like you were to blame,” his voice then came to an almost whisper, “I was so inlove with you Katy, promise me you believe me?”

I held onto his arms a little tighter than I already was, “I promise.”

The slight movement of him moving my hair tickled the side of my neck. He whispered into my ear as he breathed out the warm air from his mouth, “Let’s go home to our daughter; I’m missing her.”

I smiled cutely, making my nose crinkle, at the way he had just said ‘our daughter’. I nodded in agreement and held onto one of his hands, “I’m missing her too. Too much actually.”

We had only left her about an hour ago, and she was spending time with my parents so it’s not like she was on her own, but when Sammie wasn’t with me I felt almost lost. I felt that a lot when she was in Santa Barbara and I was in LA, but now everything’s fine, because she’s where she belongs…with me. Or with us, should I say.

As I turned to get up, I caught sight of a petite figure walking onto the beach. Her blonde hair blew behind her in the light breeze as she made her way over to us.

“Looks like we don’t have to,” I smiled, nodding over at Sammie.

Oliver turned his head and noticed our daughter walking towards us. I just admired her, wondering how it was possible that such a perfect human being could belong to me; could be made by me. Pride overtook my body as she stopped right in front of us and sat down in between us in the sand. I didn’t say anything, I just looked at her.