Chapter 5, "Shopping"

One week later ***

Emily's POV

"So what do you want to do today?" Chase asked.

"Sleep," I sighed.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Could you guys shut up," Jake said annoyed.

"Fuck off Jake," Chase laughed.

"This is why we should be at your place instead of here," I remarked.

"But this is your dorm."

"Have you met my roommate tho," I said sarcastically.

"Emily I'm right here," Jake laughed.

"I don't give a flying fu-"

Before I could finish Amber walked through the door gushing. I rolled my eyes as she kissed Jake.

"Hey everyone," she smiled.

"Sup Amber," Chase smiled. I looked at him oddly making him shrug his shoulders in confusion I guess.

"Let's go to the mall today," I said, looking up at him.

"Okay."

"Like now."

"Oh, alright."

I got up off the bed grabbing my wallet and purse. I could see Amber watching me from the corner of my eye, instead of saying something I just rushed to put on my shoes.

"Jake do you need something from the store?" I asked.

He smiled holding his hand to his chest, "How kind of you Emily, but I'm good thanks."

I flicked him off, tying my shoe.

"Emily could you bring back some snacks or something please," Amber said. The whole room got quiet but I continued to mind my business.

"Do you not like me?" She asked. I looked at Jake who rubbed her back. I didn't know what to say to her so I just didn't say anything.

"Come on Chase," I said leaving the room. Once we were both out the door and walking to the car I felt a wave of guilt hit me.

"Why didn't you answer her?" Chase asked.

"I don't know."

He raised his eyebrows getting into the car. I really didn't know what made me ignore her but I felt bad about it.

45 minutes later....

"You like these jeans?" I asked holding up the black ripped jeans.

"Mm...." he responded pressing his lips together.

"What?"

"Just picturing you in them," he smirked.

"Stop," I laughed. I threw the pants on my arm along with the other jeans I picked up.

"Okay I want to get some shirts and then I'm done," I said.

"Take your time, it's cool," Chase smiled.

"You aren't gonna get anything?"

"I just didn't want to leave you."

"I'm fine, go."

"Alright. Don't go anywhere I'll be back," he said walking off.

I looked around the store and found two more pairs of jean and a couple of shirts for me. I went into the couples section just to look and ended up finding me and Chase some matching Goonies shirts. I knew he'd like them because this past week I've learned he's obsessed with that movie. I ended up liking almost everything in the store so my hands got pretty full.