Chapter 10, "Day Out"

Jake and I went to the Rooms to Go first to pick out some new mattresses.

"Hey, I'm Ashley, how can I assist you today?" the sales lady spoke.

"We're looking for some new mattresses," I cheesed.

"Right this way," she said, as we followed her into the back of the store.

"You can look around, and just call me when you're done. I'll be right over there," Ashley smiled, walking away.

We were left in the middle of the walkway staring at the whole bedding section. Everything was so nice and neat that it drove me crazy.

"Don't even think about it," Jake cooed.

"Jake.... look," I babied.

"I'm looking alright."

I grabbed his hand ushering him to the first bed I laid eyes on. It was a queen sized and the material was a dark chocolate color that I loved.

"This is nice," he admitted.

"Shall we test it out?" I smiled.

"Why the hell not, he said, climbing onto the bed. I climbed in next to him, admiring the softness.

"Aw this is nice," he sighed.

"I know right."

We laid there staring at the ceiling for a while before I finally got him to agree to check out some of the other beds.

We literally tried them all out even though we were only supposed to come for mattresses.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"Honestly I really like the first bed," he smiled.

"What about our twin beds?"

"We can move them out.."

"And share that one?"

"I mean if that's what you want," he shrugged.

"Okay," I smiled. "Ashleyyy"

"Yes," she said hurrying over.

"We want that one," Jake pointed towards the bed.

"Okay, you want it delivered?" She asked.

"Yes but the thing is we have two small beds in the room that we don't want."

"Okay no problem, our delivery guys will pick those up and that's an extra 20% off that bed."

"Okay, so how much is it?" Jake asked.

"The bed is originally $1,024 but with the price reduction, it'll come to fairly about $970," Ashley said typing on her keypad.

I looked over at Jake who gave me a nod stating the price was fine.

"Anything else?" Ashley asked.

"Nope just the bed," I answered.

"Okay come on, I'll ring you up," she nodded. We followed her to the counter where Jake paid and she gave us our warranty.

"Delivery is set for tomorrow, thank you," she smiled.

We walked out of the store happy, me more than him.

"Where are we going next?" I asked.

"IKEA"

"Why?" I laughed.

"Shhhh," he said turning up the radio and driving to the store. I kept pestering him about it but he didn't answer me so I gave up.

Once we made it, I got out the car still confused on why we were here as we walked up.