Chapter 55,"Don't.."

6 days later.....

"Jace stop," I laughed trying to get him to stop ticking me.

"You like being tickled," he continued with a grin.

"Yeah when I was 10."

"Alright," he sighed, "I need to get to work, I need to do some work anyway."

"Kill people?" I asked sitting up on the bed while he got up and walked to the door.

"I don't always kill people."

"But you're about to now aren't you?"

"Can I be honest?" he smirked.

"Yeah, please."

"I haven't killed anyone in about a week."

"Really?" I asked in shock. There's no way Jace hasn't killed anyone in a week, I'm used to about 3 dead bodies a day. So this is new...

"Yeah, but you're right, that's about to change," he smiled proudly.

"Jace please don't go."

"I've been spending as much time with you as possible but I still have a business to run. Things to handle E, I'm sorry."

I hopped off the bed and stood close enough to him so he could see the sadness in my eyes. I don't want him to go, whether that's because of how much fun we've been having or because of the fact that he's about to kill people.

"You can't make me change my mind," he smiled.

"Then what am I supposed to do here for hours alone?"

"You have a phone now, text Jake or Chase I don't care. Occupy yourself."

"Fine," I huffed, storming off to the kitchen. It's Jace so he didn't follow instead he went into his room and closed the door. I relaxed on the couch and pulled out my phone.

Maybe I should text Jake, I mean I have been thinking about it for a while but what am I supposed to say. I can't tell him where I'm at, nor why I'm here and I hate lying to him. Does he even miss me? Probably not, I bet they're all doing just fine.

"I'll be back soon," Jace said entering the living room. When I turned around and looked at his appearance he was dressed in a suit with his hair wavering over his eyes. I swear you wouldn't think he was a freaking.....well whatever he is.

"You're not going to say anything?" he chuckled.

I gave him another stare before I turned my focus back on the tv. He looks really fucking hot right now and there's just no way, no fucking way he's about to go do murder shit looking like that.

"Bye Emily," was all I heard before the elevator chimed.

Now I'm all alone...

I picked up the phone and held it in my hand for a couple minutes before finally deciding to dial Jake. He doesn't know this number so he might not answer.

"Hello?"

Oh shit....

"Hello? Yo who is this?" His voice echoed through the speaker.

"Hi Jake," I exhaled.

"Emily? Is that you?"

"Yeah."

"Holy shit, what's up loca," he beamed.

"Hey Jake, how you been?"

"Good. I'm a pro baseball player now. You'll see me on your tv, if you even have tv. The question is where have you been?"