Chapter 3, "The Party"

Emily's POV

Once I was out the shower, I washed my face and brushed my teeth putting on some eyeliner and lip gloss. I walked back into the room to find some clothes.

"Emily in a towel, sweet," Jake teased.

"Shutup jerk."

"Why do I have to be a jerk?"

I avoided his question by simply picking out my outfit. I decided on a some slightly ripped blue Jean shorts, and a black lingerie bra with a see through top over it. I walked into the bathroom putting on my clothes and drying my hair with the towel.

I was just about to walk out when Jake walked in.

"Yikes," he choked.

"What?"

"You look good," he smiled. I rolled my eyes walking past him.

"You know I can drop you off at the party," he yelled from the bathroom.

I was glad Jake wasn't attending because he would only ruin my fun.

"Nope. I'm good."

"Of course you are."

I put on some black and white converse because I didn't feel like wearing heels tonight. This was my first official party at college and I just want to test it out.

"Hey so I have a question..." I hollered at Jake.

He came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Omg Jake," I scowled.

"I guess we both have a thing for being naked around each other," he smirked. I shook my head tying up my laces.

"So what's your question?" He asked.

"What do you know about Chase?"

"Everything."

"No shit," I mocked. "Like is he anything like you or..."

"No him and I are very different," he laughed. "Why? Do you like him or something?"

"Let's just say he's one of the reasons I'm going to this party."

"Oh no..."

"What?" I asked confused.

"I can't have my best friend and my roommate going out with each other."

I let out a laugh, "We're not going to be going out. Maybe boning and fuck-"

"Emily stop," he said, covering his ears and walking back to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror at my final look and I actually felt good about myself. I looked at my phone and it read 9:44pm so I decided to head over to the party. I took a Uber instead of driving myself just in case I was wasted.

The drive wasn't that long only about 18 minutes and my Uber driver let me play the music so I was already feeling good.

To: Chase

Me: I'm here.

Chase: I'm coming outside.

When we pulled up in the driveway the house was huge and very rare. It was black and solely made of glass. I got out the car as I saw Chase coming down out the front door, I was still gazing at the house still in awe.

"I don't think you can go in," Chase frowned.

"Why?"

"Because I want to introduce you to my friends but they might try to steal you," he joked. I chuckled, pushing my hair out of my face.