Chapter 4, "I think we can do it if we tried"

The next morning!!!

I opened my eyes staring around the unfamiliar room. I immediately looked under the covers to check and see if I had on all my clothes, I did. I look over to find Chase still asleep.

"Chase," I whispered, sitting up. He started moving but he still didn't wake up.

"Chase," I whispered louder.

"Hmm?" he groaned.

"Get up."

"Why?" He mumbled.

"Because it's morning and we're in somebody else's bed."

"No we're not," he laughed.

"Chase," I whispered.

He finally opened his eyes raising up.

"Come on we have to go. I'm pretty sure whosever room this is they want it back," I said quietly.

"Stop whispering," he whispered.

"Chase," I sighed.

"Emily this is my room. We're fine," he smiled.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"So this is your house too?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I laughed.

"You didn't ask," he smiled. "What time is it?"

I checked my phone and it was 9:12 am.

"9:12," I sighed.

"Want me to drop you back off at school?"

"You're not coming?"

"If you want me too," he groaned.

"Okay, can I shower here so when we get to the dorms I can just grab some clothes and go to class?"

"Yeah," he said, getting up.

1 hour later......

Once Chase and I finished showering, separately, he called the maid to clean the house after the mess from the party last night . We headed back over to the campus and him and I both went to my dorm room.

When we walked in Jake was in the bed with a girl doing you know what under the covers.

"Jake," I yelled. He hurried and looked in our direction as the girl used the blanket to wrap around herself.

"Oh shit sorry I thought you'd be in class," he laughed in embarrassment.

"You're already boning chicks?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"My name is Amber," she frowned.

"I don't remember asking," I said sarcastically. Chase laughed as he went and laid on my bed. I picked out some jeans and a Backstreet Boys t shirt.

"I'll be back," I told Chase. I went into the bathroom to change and get myself together.

Fucking Jake.

Chase POV

I laid back on Emily's bed on my phone scrolling through Instagram.

"So Chase anything new happened?" Jake asked.

"Nope."

"So you guys didn't?..."

"No Jake we didn't sleep together."

"So why is she in your t shirt?"

I sighed, "Because she took a shower there, anything else you want to know?"

"Well yeah.. she's my roommate and friend and so are you, so if you guys are doing something I feel I should know."

"Nothing happened Jake, except....I like her," I smiled.

"What?! Chase I thought you didn't do the whole dating thing?"

"Things change," I shrugged. "Jake why are you so worried about me and her?" I watched as his face frowned up while he leaned up against the wall.

"I hurt her once.. badly and I don't want that to happen again," he sighed.

"Are you going to hurt me?" The girl Amber asked.

"No, I mean maybe," Jake smirked. I shook my head in disgust.

"Jake I'm not you, Im not going to hurt Emily."

He gave me a firm nod, "But.."

Before he could finish his sentence Emily walked back into the room.

"Ready?" She asked. I nodded getting up. We started walking to her class talking about the party last night and how much she enjoyed it.

"I really like your house," she kept mentioning.

"I get it," I laughed.

"Seriously, it's so cool. Black interior designed.."

"Emily thank you," I sighed.

"Why do you hate it so much?" She frowned.

"I don't, I'm just used to it. My mom had it built and designed for me before she flew off to London and never came back," I said, looking away.

"She just left?"

"Yep," I sighed. "She calls every birthday or something but she never visits."

I noticed she stopped walking grabbing my arm.

"I'm sorry. That's fucked up," she sighed.

"Yeah it is," I laughed. She leaned on my arm as we kept walking.

"What do you think of me?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I know when you first met me yesterday you didn't like me much but then you let me kiss you at the party and now you're on my arm," I chuckled.

"Well I think you're attractive and cool and you have a great friend group. I also like you better than I like Jake and I don't know...."

"So....are you interested in me?..."

"No, I don't date," she laughed.

"That's not what I asked."

"Chase...," she sighed.

"Fine. Give me a week.."

"A week of what?" She laughed.

"A week of us hanging out and just being around each other. We'll go to class and afterwards we'll hang out and just chill. One whole week," I shrugged.

"Why?"

"Because... I think we can do it if we tried," I smiled.

She let out a deep sigh before finally agreeing. I know I don't date and neither does she but I think she's really great and I like being with her already. She doesn't hide how she feels or what she's feeling and neither do I.

"So this is me," she said, stopping at a classroom.

"I'll see you afterwards?"

She nodded her head with a smile before walking into the classroom.

A/N :

Are we liking Chase? 🤔

Vote plsss :)