twenty-six

The week flies in and I was glad it was finally Friday. I get to work early and spot Aitch as I walk in. He looked stressed so I just walk past him and head straight for the staff room. A few hours into my shift I spot Aitch still looking stressed. I smirk and blush as he walks through the lounge in his suit with a serious look on his face. I shake my head and look at him with a serious face. "Let's get this over with." I follow him into the bar and walk towards him as he sits down. "Hey." He waves and smile. "Hello." I look at the whiskey in his hand and smirk. "Rough day?" He shakes his head and laughs nervously. "Something like that." I shrug and look at him. "Want to talk about it?" He downs the whiskey and sticks the glass down. "I should get going." I grab his hand and look at his ring. "Sorry." I spot the engraved HAM. "Thought you had a bug on your hand." I let his hand go and smile nervously. "I should get back to work." I turn around and quickly walk out the bar before he can say anything else.

The rest of the day drag in so when 6 o'clock comes I was glad when Mr M walks over to me and smiles at me before letting me leave early. "You are free go home." He takes the tablet from me and I smile. "Thank you." He shrugs and looks around. "So how was your first week?" I smirk and look around. "It was good." I shrug and look at him. "Everyone is surprisingly nice." He smiles softly and nods firmly. "Good." He nods firmly and waves. "So I will see you Monday?" I raise my eyebrow and smirk. "What?" He shrugs and walks backwards. "You are young so you can have the weekends off." I smirk and wave. "Thank you and see you Monday."

As I get into my car I smirk as I pull up Jen's number and start texting her. "Finally found Harrison and we talked and laughed so going out for drinks and food, don't wait up." I look at the time and smirk "Aitch my ass." I look towards the front door of the building and see Harrison run out on the phone but I drive off before he can spot me.

I park my car in town and spend the evening shopping. As I go to pay for my stuff I feel someone tap my shoulder. I smirk and shake my head "come to say sorry for lying?" I see a beautify boy smirking at me "sorry for what?" I shake my head and laugh nervously as I look towards the floor "sorry." I look at him and smile softly "I thought you was someone else." He holds his hand out and smirks "I'm Jacob." I shake his hand and smile "April." His touch and his voice feel so familiar. I push my hair behind my ear. "I know you, don't I?" he takes a deep breath and nods agreeing. "Yes." I pay for my stuff and grab my bags "drinks?" He raises his eyebrow and shrugs "sure?" He takes my bags and smirk "I know the perfect place."

I get outside the car park and he nods towards a motorbike "did you drive your car here?" I nod agreeing and he smirks "well you can follow me and park at the place or leave your car here for the night?" I laugh nervously and look at the motorbike "I will follow you." He rolls his eyes and walks towards my car "thought so." He places my bags into my car and winks "keep up." I roll my eyes and get into my car "try my best." He smirks at me before getting onto his bike.

I follow him towards a bar and I park up beside him "not bad." I roll my eyes and scoff "I would beat you in a race any day!" He shrugs and smirks "is that a challenge?" I walk intro the bar and nod agreeing "yes." He nods towards an empty seat and smirks "go sit down and I will get you a vodka and lemonade?" I raise my eyebrow and laughs nervously. He shakes his head and smiles sarcastically "it's not rocket science to know your drink." I roll my eyes and nod agreeing "fine."

When he walks over he sits down and leans back smiling "shoot." I raise my eyebrow and drink my vodka "what?" He leans forward and smirks "I can see you are wanting to ask questions?" I shake my head and smirk "nope." I lean back and shrug "I read about you in my diary JT." He grins and leans back drinking his beer "really?" I nod agreeing and smile "really." He looks around and shrugs "what did you write?" I look him up and down smirking before winking at him "wouldn't you like to know." I shake my head and smirk "there is nothing bad about you in it don't worry. Just says that we met in this bar and you saved me from drowning and then we spent a few days together." He sighs in relief and holds his beer forward "good." I cheers his beer and drink more of my vodka "and other stuff." He laughs nervously and shakes his head "well I'm just glad that you are ok." He takes my hand and I smile "thank you." I laugh nervously and move it away "I know we had something but would it be ok to just be friends right now?" He nods agreeing and sits up straight "of course." I smile softly and look into his eyes "thank you."

We spend the rest of the night getting drunk and just laughing. I look at him and smirk "I can see why I liked you." He blushes and stands up "and that is our que to get you home." I roll my eyes and laugh nervously "fine." I stand up but loose my balance "wow!" He catches me and grins "I got you." As our eyes lock onto each other I can't help but feel like me being in his arms is normal. I lean into him and kiss him for a few seconds but he laughs nervously and shakes his head "lets get you home."