twenty-four

Jen walks towards me and smirks as she hands me the drink. "Sorry to be back so soon." I blush and drink some of the juice. "No problem." I look towards the track and smirk when I see JJ. "Come on JJ." I watch as the race starts and JJ speeds off. As the race goes on I spot Sir watching me throughout it. I look at him and smirk. "The race is that way?" She shrugs and drinks his juice. "I know." I shake my head and smirk. "I need a pee." I look at the racetrack and clap as JJ comes in first place. I look at Jen and smile softly. "I'm going to pee." She nods firmly and smiles nervously. "Want me to come?" I shake my head and smirk. "I think I will be ok."

I walk towards the bathroom and see Annabelle. I stick my head down and continue walking. "Great." She smirks as she walks past me. "Got your memories back yet?" I roll my eyes and smirk. "No but JJ filled in most the blanks." She looks me up and down smirking. "So why are you still speaking to Harrison?" I raise my eyebrow and smirk. "I'm not?" JJ runs over towards us and shakes his head. "Go home Annabelle!" Annabelle smirks and rolls her eyes. "Whatever!" She walks away and I take a deep breath. "Thank you." I walk towards the bathroom and he chases after me. "April wait!" I turn around and he looks towards the direction Annabelle went. "What did she say?" I shrug and look at her as she gets into a car. "Asked about my memories and then asked why I was still talking to Harrison." I shrug and look at him. "She's a strange one your sister." He laughs nervously and nods agreeing. "She sure is."

Later that night we head back to the house and I lay in bed with Jen. I laugh sarcastically and shake my head. "I'm going to ask Mr and Mrs M if I can work at their private club house." Jen sits up and looks at me with a serious. "What? Are you sure that's a good idea?" I shrug and sit up. "I'm not sure? I just know that in 2 months I start flight attendant school and I don't have the money to pay for it or this place so I need a job?" She shrugs and looks around. "Just be careful." I stand up and laugh nervously. "Surely I can't fall for the boy twice? I will stay away, don't worry."

The next day I go and visit Mr and Mrs Manchester. Mrs M opens the door looking confused and shocked. "April?" I smile softly and wave. "Hey." She opens the door and I walk in. "What can I do for you?" I follow her into the kitchen and laugh nervously. "I don't suppose you are looking for staff at the private club house?" Mr M nods firmly. "For you? Of course we are." Mrs M smirks and hands me a can of lemonade. "We thought you was leaving town?" I shake my head and sit down. "No." I open the can and smile softly. "I start flight attendance school in 2 months so I need money for that as well as the house and since I lost my job at the café I thought I would see if you were looking?" Mrs M smirks. "Of course you can work for us." She goes onto her laptop and smirks. "I will email you an application form now and send me it by tonight and we can get you in tomorrow?" I smirk and nod firmly. "Thank you so much!" She shrugs and hugs me. "We are just glad you are safe and staying in town." I hug her and take a deep breath. "Me too."

After spending an hour drinking champagne and talking I grab my jacket and take a deep breath. "I guess I should go home now and get some rest." Mr M calls someone on his mobile and smirks at me as he hangs up. He hands me a bottle of water and smirks. "Your ride is outside but don't worry, we will get your car dropped off for you?" I nod agreeing and stand up. "Thank you." Mrs M stands up and nods towards the front door. "I will see you out." I wave at Mr M before following Mrs M out the kitchen and out the front door. She hugs me and rubs my back. "Take care and I will see you tomorrow?" I nod agreeing and wave at her before getting in the passenger seat of the car.

A man wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses looks out the window and drives off without saying a word. As we pull out the street the man looks at me and smirks. "Have you had a good evening?" I nod agreeing and look at him. "Yeah thank you." I shrug and look away. "How was your evening Aitch?" He smirks and takes his sunglass off. "How did you know it was me?" I roll my eyes and look out the window. "I pay attention to small details." I nod towards his hand and smirk. "Like the scar on your left hand." I look at the black ring on his finger and smile. "Nice ring." He laughs nervously and moves his hand out of sight. "Thank you."

As we pull up to the house I smile nervously. "Well thank you for the ride." He nods firmly and I get out the car. "April wait!" I look at him and smirk. "Yes?" He looks towards the house and gets out the car worried. "Get back in the car!" He walks towards the front garden and looks over the fence. "What?" I look up and see Jen's window is smashed. I look at the front door and shake my head. "Jen!" I run inside without thinking and Aitch runs after me calling my name.