seventeen

As we drive around I try figure out where we are going but we drive towards the town border. I look at Jen at smirk. "Ok I NEED to know whose party we are going too!" She shrugs and smirks. "Nope." She winks at me as the taxi pulls into an off road. "Not long now." I look around the woods as we drive down the off road. I hear music and smirk. "Isn't this where your brother Caleb's girlfriends lake house is?" She nods agreeing and we pull up to a large lake house. "That's the one."

The taxi stops up beside the other cars and I see Jen's brother at the steps of the stairs waiting. We get out the taxi and she waves towards her brother as I pay. He waves back and walks over. "Finally you are here, it has been so boring." I join Jen's side and her brother nearly chokes. "Wow!" He looks me up and down. "You look amazing April." He doesn't take his eyes off me for a few seconds and Jen coughs. "Ok Caleb, down boy before your girlfriend see's." He shakes his head and hands me a beer. "I should go." He laughs nervously and waves as he walks away. "Bye." I take a deep breath and shake my head. "Whiskey?" Jen laughs sarcastically and nods. "I thought you would have never asked!" She wraps her arm around mine and we both head inside.

As I look around I see that mostly everyone is already drunk. "Did we turn up late to the party or something?" I feel someone grab me and Jen from behind. "About time you two arrived!" I turn around and smirk. "I thought you was waiting on us JJ?" He shrugs and drinks his cup. "I waited but I got bored so came with Harrison." I laugh nervously and shake my head looking around. "Harrison is here?" JJ nods agreeing and smirks. "Yes lover boy is here." I roll my eyes and hand JJ the beer. "He is more like your sisters lover boy. "I shake my head and look at Jen. "I need something stronger." She nods agreeing and smirks. "On it!"

JJ shakes her head and rubs my arm. "What happened?" I shrug and look towards the floor. "I called him last night and your sister answered the phone so that is enough for me. Fool me once, shame on you but fool me twice?" I shake my head and smirk when I see Jen walking over with a shot bottle and two glasses. "Shame on me." She hands me a glass and pours it but before she could do her own I down mine. I look at JJ and shrug. "So if you see Harrison tell him I'm not interested anymore." He looks behind me and before I could say anything I hear a familiar voice and it send shivers down my back. "Interested in what?" Jen laughs nervously as she pours me another shot. "Great." I drink it before turning around and smirking sarcastically at Harrison. "What do you want?" He shrugs and moves closer. "You." JJ steps in front of me and scoffs. "Not going to happen buddy." He scoffs and looks JJ up and down. "Is that right?" JJ shrugs. "That's right." Harrison rolls his eyes. "Well you changed your tune?" JJ looks at me and shrugs. "She doesn't want to speak to you right now." Harrison looks at me but I avoid eye contact. "Whatever." He walks away and I take a deep breath. "I need something stronger."

I turn around and see Jen walking towards me with a bottle of whiskey and 2 glasses in her hand. "I got the perfect thing for you." She hands me a glass and pours the whiskey. "Cheers." She looks at JJ and winks. "Stealing her for a while but I just saw Jordan looking for you? He is in the kitchen." He nods firmly and waves at me. "I will find you soon?" I nod agreeing and follow Jen as she leads me towards the back door.

We walk towards the pier and sit down on the bench. I smile as she pours me another whiskey. "So how are you?" I shrug and down the whiskey. "I'm ok." She looks at my scared leg and smirks. "Good." She pours me another whiskey and smirks. "Cheers." I hold the glass up and smirk. "Cheers to a fun night and a night to get super drunk." I down the whiskey and she laughs nervously. "And maybe meet new friends?" She nods towards the house and I look over as a beautiful tall boy wearing a pink polo by the back door looks at us. I scoff and look at the whiskey bottle. "Yeah well his name isn't Mr Pink polo, his name is Mr Jack Daniels." I take the bottle and smirk. "I will go find him for us." I wink at her as I walk towards the house.

I walk into the kitchen and smile at Scott. "Looking for more whiskey?" He nods towards the empty bottle in my hand. "Yip." He nods towards the cupboard. "Jen hides her stuff in there." I smirk and wave. "Thank you." He walks away and I walk towards the cupboard and open it. I smirk and grab another bottle of whiskey before closing the cupboard again.

As I turn around I see the boy in the pink polo smirking as he walk towards me. I laugh nervously and turn back around. "Great." He opens the fridge and smirks at me as he reaches over for the bottle opener. "Hey." I smile softly and look at him. "Hi." He opens his beer and nods towards the whiskey in my hand. "On the hard stuff." I laugh nervously and shrug. "Yip." He holds his hand out and smirks. "I'm Jordan." I shake his hand and smile. "April." He grins and nods firmly. "I know." He hands me a beer and shrugs. "Want to talk?" I smirk and shake my head. "I would love to but I should be getting back to my friend." He shrugs and looks across the room. "You mean that friend?" I look over and see Jen kissing someone. "Yip, that's the one." I look at Jordan and smirk. "Whiskey?" He smirks and grabs a glass. "After you."