thirteen

As I start up the car I see an unfamiliar car driving towards me. I look out the window and lock the car as it drives towards me. After a few seconds it stops beside me and someone opens the passenger side. I watch careful and sigh in relief when JJ gets out the car. He runs towards me and tries opening the door. "Hi?" I smirk and unlock the car. "Hey." He opens the door and hugs me. "Are you ok?" I take a deep breath and watch as Jen walks towards us. "You dropped this?" She smiles softly and shrugs. "So? Ethan?" I look towards the floor and close my eyes trying to hide back the tears. "He said he will be here tomorrow." She hugs me and JJ laughs nervously. "Who is Ethan?" I laugh nervously and shake my head. "Just the worse human born."

Another car approaches and we all look over. "I'm guessing this means you will be leaving so I want to ask for a favour? Stay ONE more night and let us have the best girls night since he won't be here till tomorrow?" JJ laughs sarcastically. "Wait?! Your leaving?!" I look at him and shrug. "I don't know." I look at Jen and shake my head. "I don't know what to do?" She hugs me as tears run down my face. "Well for starters we won't be doing this." She wipes my tears and smirk. "We will go shopping and try have the best night tonight? Stress free and then decide what you want to do tomorrow?" I take a deep breath and nod agreeing. She takes my hand and smirks. "Good."

JJ shrugs and shakes his head. "No, not good?!" He runs towards me and stops at my car. "Who is Ethan?" I look at my diary and smirk. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I pick the diary up and hand him it. "Don't show or tell anyone, ok?" He raises his eyebrow and looks at it. "What? I can't just look in your diary?" I smirk and get into the car. "You are my best friend JJ." I shrug and start the car. "I should have told you months ago." I take a deep breath and look at the diary. "Come find us after?" He nods agreeing and waves as I drive out the racetrack.

Later that day we finish getting ready and into our new clothes. I look at Jen and smirk. "You look amazing!" I nod towards her dress and wink. "So do you." We take a few pictures and down a shot while we wait for the taxi. She grabs her bag and downs another shot. "Let's go!" I grab my bag and follow her out the door and into the taxi.

JJ hugs me as I step out the taxi at the club. "I love you." I laugh nervously and smile. "I'm guessing you read it?" He nods agreeing and hands me it. "You brought it with you?!" I laugh nervously and stick it in my bag. "I didn't want to leave it in mine with Annabelle there?" I smile softly and wrap my arm around him. "True." He squeezes my arm softly and smiles. "You know he will be a dead man if I see him?" I shake my head and smile softly. "No." I look at him and take a deep breath. "Promise me you won't touch him? I don't want any more drama or anything else to do with him." He scoffs and shakes his head. "Fine, I promise." Jen looks at me and smirks. "So does this mean you might be staying?" I shrug and look towards the ground. "I don't know." JJ let's go off me and raises his eyebrow. "So you expect me not to do anything and let you walk away from your life you have built for yourself here and just leave town?" As he says that Harrison walks over smirking. "Who's leaving town?" JJ scoffs. "Not now Harrison!" JJ storms off into the club. I smile nervously at Harrison. "Drink?" Jen takes my hand and I laugh sarcastically. "Yes please."

As we walk towards the bar I look around on guard in case he shows up. Jen holds my hand and smirks. "You're ok." She looks towards JJ and shrugs. "He will just be hurting so don't listen to anything he says." I take a deep breath and shrug. "He is right though." Jen leans over the bar and smirks. "Two double vodkas and lemonade." She looks at me and shrugs. "Right about what?" I look at her and look around at JJ. "I have built a life here." I look at her and smirk. "And it's a pretty good one." I look towards the floor and shrug. "And I'm guessing who matter where I go he will follow me so maybe I shouldn't run anymore?" She hugs me and kisses my head. "I'm here for you no matter what you do, ok?" I hug her back and smirk. "Thank you." She takes the two vodkas from the bartender and hands me one. "Now cheers to a good night!"

A few hours in JJ and Harrison finally join us in our booth but we are already drunk. JJ nods at me and smirks. "Can we talk?" I nod agreeing and look at Jen. "I won't be long." I wink and smirk. "I will get us more shots." I stand up and walk towards JJ. "Are you ok?" I nod agreeing. "I'm good." He smirks and wraps his arm around me. "Good and drunk?" I shrug and walk towards the bar. "Let's get shots!"