twenty-three

The next day I get out and I get settled into the house. Jen smirks and looks around. "Anything?" I shake my head and look around. "Nope." I shrug and look at her. "What happened to the old house again?" She hands me my diary and smiles softly. "Fire." I take the diary and she nods firmly. "I will leave you to it and come check on you in a few hours?" I nod agreeing and look around. "Ok?" She smirks and hugs me. "Just make yourself at home and JJ will be over in an hour with groceries." She grabs her bag and waves at me as she leaves and walks out the front door.

The next hour I sit on my bed and read through my diary. I read from the last day I remember until the night I met JT. I jump when my bedroom door opens. JJ smirks and holds his hands up. "It's just me." He hands me a bottle of water and sits down on the bed. "How are you getting on?" He nods towards my diary and I shrug. "Ok." I laugh nervously and stick the diary down. "This Harrison sounds like an ass though." He smirks and drinks his water. "He can be." I stand up and look around the room. "Let's do something?" He shrugs and stands up. "Ok?" I smirk and grab a pair of my trainers and stick them on. "Let's go." I take his hand and drag him downstairs and into his car with me.

I look into the back seat and grab his helmet. "It's Friday night so let's race?" He smirks and nods agreeing. "I thought you would never ask." He drives off and I look at him. "So?" He rolls his eyes and scoffs. "What?" I shrug and look towards the front. "Annabelle's brother?" He shrugs and looks at me. "Yeah." I shrug and look at him. "So what else have I missed?" He laughs nervously and shakes his head. "Read the diary." He looks ats me and shrugs. "I don't like being the messenger of bad news." I take a deep breath and nod firmly. "So bad stuff happens? Funny that it all happens after this Harrison turns up." JJ rubs my leg. "He isn't all that bad." He parks up into the racetrack. "After all he did save us both from Ethan." He gets out the car and I laugh nervously. "Ethan?! Now you NEED to fill me in!"

After spending the afternoon listening to JJ fill me in I look towards him and shrug. "I'm so shocked you are still here?" He smiles softly and hugs me. "Because you are my best friend and we don't abandon our family." I smirk and hug him. "Thank you." He laughs nervously and shakes his head. "So now that you have finally caught up with everything what is your next step?" I shrug and lean back. "Try get another job I guess." I shake my head and look towards the sky. "I'm guessing I can't start flight attending school until I get one." He looks towards the entrance and smirks. "Why not ask Mr and Mrs M for a job at their private club house." I laugh nervously and shake my head. "I will find something." He hugs me and smiles. "I know you will."

As soon as it gets busy I start feeling nervous when I see loads of people looking at me. I spot Jen and smirk. "You made it!" She looks around and shrugs. "Like I would miss a Friday night race." I wrap my arm around her and smirk. "Let's go find out seats before JJ starts." I follow her towards the seating area and she smirks. "I will grab us drinks and you go sit where they two spaces are?" She points towards two empty seats and I nod agreeing. "Sure." She walks away and I walk towards the seats and sit down.

After 5 minutes I look around for her but no sign. A man in sunglasses and a baseball hat who is sitting beside me smirks. "Stood up?" I laugh nervously and shake my head. "My friend is meant to be getting us drinks but the time she is taking you would think she is making it." The man shrugs and takes his sunglasses off. "I'm sure the drink machine is probably just broken or something." I smile softly and nod firmly. "Probably." He holds his hand out and smirks. "I'm Aitch." I shake his hand and smirk. "I'm April." He looks deep into my eyes. "You know April is my favourite month?" I roll my eyes and laugh softly. "Funny." He shrugs and holds a bottle of lemonade up. "If you need a drink then I have plenty?" I shake my head and smirk. "I don't really feel comfortable with taking drinks from a stranger sorry." He shrugs and sticks the bottle down. "Safe girl? I like it." I blush and smile softly before continuing the conversation.

Jen runs toward JJ and Spenser and smirks. JJ shrugs and looks around. "Where is April?" Jen points towards where I am sitting and smirks. "Talking." JJ rolls his eyes and scoffs. "You left her with Harrison?" Jen shrugs and looks at him. "She doesn't know who he is." Spenser holds his hands up. "I told her it was a bad idea." JJ takes a deep breath. "I'm racing now but get her away before she realises and hates you for it." Jen rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Fine!" She takes Spenser's drink and smirks. "Thanks babe." She kisses him before walking towards the seating area where I'm sitting.