twelve

I wake up with wires and machines all around me. I sit up and look around before realising I was in the hospital. I look out the window and see Harrison pacing as he speaks to a doctor. I smile at the sight of his face and slowly get out of bed. I walk towards the door and open it smirking.

. "Hey?" He turns around and faces me. "April?!" He hugs me and takes a deep breath. "Thank god you are ok!" The doctor smiles softly and nods. "I will get your doctor." He walks away and I look at Harrison. "What happened?" He laughs nervously and opens my hospital room door. "The house set alite with you inside." I nod agreeing and sit down. "I remember that." I touch my head and scoff. "I also remember jumping out the window? But that is all I remember." He sits beside me and holds my hand. "We found you outside your bedroom window unconscious."

He runs his hand down my face. "Are you ok?" I smile softly and touch his hand. "I'm fine." He kisses my hand and takes a deep breath. "Good because I really don't know what I would do if something bad happened to you." I smirk and kiss his lips. "I" I look around and shrug. "I should really call Jonathan and tell him I won't be in." Harrison smirks and holds my hand. "My dad already told him everything and he said to take however long you want off." I roll my eyes and scoff. "I will be back Monday morning."

I get discharged and Harrison drives me to the hotel Jen has been staying. As he parks up he takes my hand and smiles softly. "Are you sure you are ok?" I nod agreeing and kiss his hand. "I am sure." I slowly pull my hand back and open the door. "Bye Harrison." He leans over and smiles. "I have something for you!" He hands me my bag and I smirk. "Thank you!" I open it and see my diary. "You didn't look inside, did you?" He shakes his head and smiles softly. "No why?" I shrug and close the door. "No reason." I walk into the hotel room before he can say another word. I take a deep breath and look at Jen as she lies on the bed eating pizza. "Hungry?" I shake my head and sit on the bed. "I'm good."

The next few days me and Jen spend our spare time apartment hunting and eventually we find somewhere. As we pull up to the house to get the keys and paperwork I get a phone call from an unknown number. I look at Jen and nod towards the house. "I will meet you inside?" She nods agreeing before heading inside with the estate agent. I answer the phone and walk towards the side of the house. "Hello?" After a few seconds of heavy breathing my body goes into shock. "Miss me?" I get shivers down my back at the familiar voice. The person I was trying to hide from. I take a deep breath and look around. "How did you get my number Ethan?" He smirks and looks at the train approaching. "Your number isn't the only thing I got." I hear the train getting closer and I close my eyes stopping the tears running down my face. "Goodbye Ethan." He chuckles and gets onto the train. "We both know it's never goodbye, it's always see you soon." I hang up and fling my phone onto the floor before running into the car and driving off.

Jen runs out after me and shakes her head. "April?!" She picks up my phone and raises her eyebrow. "Who called her?" She heads back inside and smiles nervously at the estate agent. "Is that us done?" She nods agreeing and shakes Jen's hand. "Yes miss." Jen smiles softly and takes a deep breath as she looks at the number in the phone. "Thank you." She walks the estate agent out and closes the front door before dialling the number. After a few seconds Ethan answers cheerful. "Change your mind and realise we are meant to be together?" Jen raises her eyebrow and scoffs. "Harry?" She looks at the caller ID and shakes her head. "Who is this?" Jen smirks. "Who is this?" Ethan hangs up and Jen rolls her eyes. "Whoever you are, I don't like you scaring my friend April like that." She dials JJ's number and walks out the front door. "We have a problem."

As I drive towards the race track I feel my whole-body panic even more. Trying to breath I stop the car at the side of the track and scream as loud as I can while tears run down my face. I punch the wheel and feels like I broke it in the process. As I sit looking into space for a few seconds I take a deep breath and wipe away the tears. I reach over and grab my diary from my bag before writing down. "He found me. After 8 months of running, Ethan finally found me."

I read back my old notes and go to the day I left him and read. "It was the worse weekend this weekend, he promised he changed but this weekend was the same. He would buy me a new dress and shoes but this weekend was worse. Not only did he abuse me, but he also let him friends join in. He LET his filthy friends touch and abuse my body and just laugh about it. I'm leaving. I'm going to do it, tonight." I take a deep breath as I turn and start reading the next page. "Freedom. I left and am FINALLY free. I have nowhere to go but I don't care, I was finally free from that horrible toxic man." I smile and stick the diary back into my bag.