1

You wake up to the sound of a flock of Fletchling flying past your window. You sit there in bed, watching them from your window until they're out of sight. It's not long after that when your mother comes into your room.

"Oh good, you're awake." she says. "Hope you got a good night's rest. Today's your first day of Trainer's School after all. Go on and get dressed. Someone's here to show you the way."

Once she leaves, you change into your clothes and walk out of your room. Upon entering the living room, you see a boy sitting on the couch, his Eevee sitting on his shoulder as they study a book. The boy has black hair that's slicked back and blue eyes. He's wearing a lab coat over a gray shirt and jeans. The boy notices you standing there and stands up to introduce himself.

"You must be [Name] right? I'm Kye, Professor Craig's assistant. Since you just moved in recently, I'm here to show you the way."

Upon seeing the puzzled look on your face, Kye starts speaking once again. "See, here in Holon, you can't just pop into the lab and ask for a pokemon when you're a certain age. You have to attend school and pass the Trainer's Exam there. When you pass, you're given your Trainer's Certificate and that's when you're allowed to visit the lab to get your first pokemon. Having the Trainer's Certificate also allows you to battle the Gym Leaders and participate in Tournaments in Holon. Before the gyms and the league were established, Holon focused mainly on education. This is just our way of kinda keeping the tradition as well as making sure that every Trainer knows exactly what they need to know when they're out on their own. According to your mom, you know a lot about pokemon so going through a few lessons and taking a test shouldn't be a problem for you. Anyway, let's get going. Though Orilon Town is pretty small, you could still get lost if you don't know your way."

"Have a good first day, [Name]." your mother says. "Make sure you make lots of friends."

You follow Kye out of the house and into Orilon Town.

"The Trainer's School is right next to the Pokemon Lab which is right over here

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"The Trainer's School is right next to the Pokemon Lab which is right over here." Kye explains, taking you to a relatively small building. "I like to think that anyone that takes their lesson here is pretty lucky since the gym leader in Hartsville City often comes here to help tutor the students here."

Once you and Kye are at the entrance of the Trainer's School, he stops. "Well, this is where I have to leave you but you'll be in good hands. Good luck with school."

Kye walks off and you walk into the Trainer's School. There you see a white-haired boy with yellow eyes standing there. He's wearing a simple black shirt and brown pants. Hearing you walk in, the boy turns to you.

"You're that new kid that just moved in last week right?" he asked.

You nod and introduce yourself and the boy gives a curt nod in response before saying his name.

"I'm Vincent." he then stares at you for a few moments before speaking again. "Say, how about we make this a little competition to make things more interesting while we're taking these classes. If you can get a higher score than I do on the Trainer's Exam, then I'll give you one of these."