5

You walk into the gym and upon entering, Noah is there, handing a small box over to a Xatu.

"These are the parts that Oliver's been looking for his new invention idea. Please get them to him as safely as possible."

The Xatu nods, using Psychic on the package before flying off. Once the pokemon is gone, Noah notices you standing there.

"So, come straight for the gym huh? I guess that's to be expected. I'll just get straight to the point. For this gym puzzle, you'll have to answer riddles that the trainers here have. Get the answers right then you'll be allowed to move on. Get them wrong then you'll have to take part in a battle. Seems simple enough right? Good luck, Challenger."

He leaves the room and a gym trainer soon stands at the door that Noah just walked through. You approach the gym trainer and they ask,

What is always in front of you but can't be seen?

A) Wind

B) The future

C) Something very far away

D) I don't know, let's just battle

You give your answer and if you're right, the gym trainer steps aside and you go to the next room. If you're wrong you battle the trainer and they'll let you pass when you defeat them.

In the next room, the gym trainer asks

What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it

A) A promise

B)  A bone

C) A flying toy

D) I don't know, let's just battle

When proceeding to the next room, the next trainer asks

I'm light as a feather, yet the strongest person can't hold me for five minutes. What am I?

A) Poison

B) A cloud

C) Your breath

D) I don't know, let's just battle

In the final room, the trainer asks

It belongs to you but more people use it more than you do. What is it?

A) An old toy

B) Your name

C) Pokemon in a PC box

D) I don't know, let's just battle

After the last question, you're finally able to battle Noah. As you walk in the arena, he stands there, waiting for you. Depending on how well you did with the questions, he'll either say...

If most to all of them are right: "Seems that you've made it through, and even got many (or all) the riddles right. Would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed."

If about half are right: "Seems that you've made it through despite the bit of trouble you had. I respect your perseverance."

If none are right/just picked D: "So you just battled your way through huh? Not sure if it was just to get more experience in or simply because you knew you could force your way through but either way you're here."

"But none of that matters now. You're facing your final obstacle in this gym now. Hope you're ready."

The battle begins.

Noah's Team

Elgyem (Ability: Telepathy) Psybeam, Rockslide, Recover, Light Screen

Slowking (Ability: Own Tempo) Brick Break, Disable, Water Pulse, Yawn

Espeon (Ability: Synchronize) Double Kick, Psychic, Retaliate, Shadow Ball

Once the battle ends, Noah gives you the Psychic Badge.

"Odd that after just one battle I've come to respect you as a trainer." he says. "I know my gym might be a lot harder than the ones you've faced so far...and I maybe I purposely designed it that way to take out some of my frustration...either way it's reassuring to know that there's people like you around. Never forget that you need an equal amount of brains and brawn to move forward in life. Good luck with the rest of your journey."

When you exit the gym, there's a Togekiss standing there waiting for you. When it sees you, it gently nudges you forward, wanting you to follow it. Togekiss leads you to a small house, where Alice is. She sees you and smiles.

"Thanks for bringing him/her to me Togekiss." she returns the pokemon before inviting you in.

"Looks like even Noah recognized you as a strong trainer." she comments with a smile. "That's certainly something you don't hear every day. You must really be something special huh? But getting to the point here, I heard that you were pretty much new to this region and figured that I'd give you some tips about how our League works. Ready?"

You nod and Alice begins explaining everything.

"Well I bet before you moved here I bet you didn't hear much about Holon and its league. That's because this is only the third year that it's been officially established. Before then, those who passed the Trainer's Exam were given the chance to journey to another region to realize their potential as pokemon trainers. It wasn't until that our first and current champion came back from Alola that gym leaders and elite four members were established. We wanted to have an Elite Four but didn't like how only the Champion could lose their spot, especially since in other regions, the Elite Four has to be beaten in order to face the champion. So...we simply made two separate tournaments.

The first one is for all those with type specialties to have a chance to take a chair from the Elite Four. The Top Four that come from that tournament are named the Elite Four. Then there's the Champion's Tournament, where any trainer who's gotten all 8 gym badges, gym leaders, and Elite Four can battle in hopes of getting the chance to battle the Champion for their title. First rounds are all the trainers with 8 gym badges going up against each other. Next rounds are those who made it to the first round going up against the gym leaders, finally whoever moves on from the second round battles the Elite Four. The one who manages to get through the last round is allowed to battle the Champion. And...that's pretty much it. Elite Four's Tournament is first and then the Champion's Tournament. But trainers at that point have some things to make their pokemon even stronger and our Champion wanted you to have them."

It's then that Alice gives you a Mega Ring and a Z-Ring.

"Z-Moves are originally from Alola, where trainer and pokemon combine all their strengths into one big move to cause massive damage. Mega Evolution changes the form of certain pokemon but the pokemon and trainer need a strong bond in order for that to happen. Both need special crystals along with those rings I gave you in order to start doing Z-Moves and Mega Evolution. From now on, be on the lookout for those crystals so that your team can use them. I'm sure a strong trainer like yourself will be able to make use of them. Anyway since you've beaten Noah, you'll be on your way to Oreson City right? Good luck and try not to get spooked too much. Those ghost types over there love to play around."

Answers to the riddles

What is always if front of you but can't be seen?

- The future

What can you break even if you never pick it up or touch it?

- A promise

I'm light as a feather but the strongest person can't hold me for five minutes, what am I

-Your breath

It belongs to you but more people use it more than you do. What is it?

- Your name