11

With a confused Vincent following not too far behind, you and Kye go to the outskirts of town, somewhat near the previous route. There the three of you find a small building.

"This is a prison." Vincent commented. "Why are we going in there?"

"Cause the Champion is in there." Kye answered. "I saw her go in here."

Before any more questions could be asked, Kye went in. You and Vincent followed. Once inside, you saw Elsie at the very end of a hallway of cells, staring into one. You quickly notice that Glaceon is nowhere to be seen.

"Never thought I'd see your face here in a while." the person in the cell stated. "Based on that look on your face, you aren't here for another one of your stupid visits. What do you want?"

"The Team Frost scientists that escaped on that day. What do you know about them and their ties to the EDC?" Elsie asked.

No response came from whoever Elsie was talking to, which seemed to frustrate her based on what you were seeing.

"If you know then answer please." she said, trying to keep her tone calm. "I need as much information that I can if I have any chance of beating the EDC."

"Why don't you ask those friends of yours that saved you last time huh?" the prisoner questioned. "Seems like almost everyone wants to give you what you want."

"I'm not involving them in matters like this. They stopped being the guardians of Holon for a reason. They're not gonna bother themselves with human matters."

"They'll bother themselves with you. What's the difference?"

"Enough of this!" Elsie snapped. "Do you have an answer for me or not?!"

"Give me my partner back and maybe I'll tell you."

"I didn't take away Glaceon. You saying that is your attempt at projecting your own guilt onto me, which is something that I finished letting you do a long time ago." Elsie crossed her arms. "Anyone who saw what happened during our battle could easily figure out that you changed far from the trainer that Glaceon loved and figure out that she was not going to help you with your twisted goals anymore."

"Oh so now you can act all high and mighty just because you're champion now? Is that it!?" the prisoner snapped.

Silence fell between the two before Elsie sighed and shook her head. "Lyn was right. Coming here to try and get answers from you was going to be a waste of time. Sorry Demetria but you already know my answer to your little request. I never force Glaceon to go anywhere she's going to be uncomfortable and the fact of the matter is she doesn't want to see you. Not unless you change your act. But with how much time has passed since then...you changing may never happen."

Elsie turns to see you, Kye, and Vincent standing there. "Oh...Kye and [Name]. Didn't realize that you were going to earn your badges so quick. And you brought a friend."

"Elsie...who's that you're talking to?" Kye asked. The three of you get closer and see that in the cell, there's a girl with long white hair and red eyes. The clothes she was wearing were worn and tattered. It was a simple gray shirt and pants.

Elsie looked away from the girl. "That is Demetria. Former leader of a dangerous group who called themselves Team Frost. At one point before I began my journey throughout the Alola Region, I thought that she and I were good friends...but I was mistaken. But enough about her, no matter how fast you accomplished your end of the deal, I have to do my part. So, what were the questions that you wanted to ask me?"

"Well...one of them was if you knew anything about the former guardians of Holon but based on what we heard...it's safe to assume that you do know something about them right?" Kye asked.

Elsie nodded. "Yes but not much. Sagent, the pokemon that once granted knowledge. And Resilvern, the pokemon that once granted strength. Since I have to be honest here, I have...met them once before."

"W-What!?"

"Champion Elsie...you met the former guardians? How?" Vincent questioned.

"For some reason, they were moved to help me during my battle with Demetria when I returned from Alola. Right when I was going to be blasted away, they sent another pokemon to pull me out of there at the last minute. One that they created I suppose. It was called Tarrafae."

"Would there be a chance that Terrafae looks like this?" Kye asked, showing Elsie the image he saved from the video clip.

Elsie nodded. "Yeah. That's Tarrafae. She brought me to this strange place...where Sagent and Resilvern were waiting. They granted me the power to defeat Demetria and the rest of Team Frost. That's all that I know about them."

"But having nothing to gain from granting a human power after all these years...it's kinda hard to believe." Kye said. "The only explanation that I can think of when it comes to their reason to help you is that you're a descendant of the human friend that they lost but according to the legend, that person died young. There was no way that they could've had children before the incident."

"I don't get it either. But either way, I'm thankful for their help. I'm not sure how things would've turned out if they hadn't lent me a hand."

"This place that you were taken to." Vincent said. "Do you know where it is?"

Elsie shook her head. "No. But even if I did, I'm afraid that's the only thing that I won't tell anyone. I don't want anyone trying to seek them out, especially with people like the EDC running around. They left for a reason. As a way to repay them, where they live will remain hidden to the public."

"And that Glaceon that people sometimes see you with?" Kye asks.

Elsie sighed. "Was the former pokemon partner of Demetria. But when she sent her out to battle me, Glaceon hesitated but refused to fight. Unlike Demetria, Glaceon actually cherished the school days we had and didn't want to battle Drakeon. Seeing that, Demetria got upset and used one of the legendary ice pokemon from another region to blast an attack at me and my Drakeon directly. That was when Tarrafae came. When I came back, I saw Glaceon surrounded by shattered pokeballs and Drakeon immediately went to help. Technically Glaceon is a wild pokemon now. I'm just letting her stay with me until she figures out what she wants to do. Does that answer all your questions, Kye?"

Kye nodded. "Yeah. Thank you."

"No problem. Hope I see you three in the Championship Tournament. You have two more badges to get. Sorry to kinda walk out on you guys but I want to get everything revolving the EDC settled before the tournaments happen and I'm running out of time."

Quickly, Elsie runs out of the prison.