19

It had been about two weeks since the EDC had been forced to disband, with their leader now in prison. Those who were formerly in Team Frost were also arrested with Adrian. Thanks to Elsie being healed from the former guardians, the tournaments were able to start at their original schedules. You spent your time in Volaris City, watching Vincent go through the Elite Four Tournament. He managed to get close but in the end, all members had kept their spots for this time.

Now the Championship Tournament was at hand. You were already registered thanks to Elsie. You were about to walk into the stadium when you heard your friends calling out to you.

"[Name]! Looks like we finally caught up to you." Kye said. "You still good to go from everything that happened? I mean...going in between two separate worlds and battling ancient guardians and an evil organization...that had got to take a toll on you right?"

"All we have to do is just look at him/her." Vincent says with a shrug. "Everyone involved in all that chaos was worn down but now just like us, they're all eager to get this show on the road. Besides, I'm curious to see how [Name] is gonna do. He/she fought with an Elite Four member and the Champion and now he/she is going to have to battle against them."

"True...seeing them battle Alice and Elsie would definitely be interesting. Guess you have no choice but to do well so we can see those battles."

"But be warned that once we step into that stadium, it's every trainer for themselves." Vincent says. "After all, we're all trying to get the title of Champion here."

It's then that the three of you walk into the stadium together.

...........

Elsie walks into the arena, taking a deep breath before facing the crowd.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the Championship Tournament. I'll keep this short and sweet since you all are eagerly waiting for some intense battles. For those of you who are new, this tournament is separated into three distinct rounds. First round will have the trainers who have earned all their gym badges battle against each other, those who make the first round will then have to face the Gym Leaders that they have previously fought, finally, those remaining in the second round will face the Elite Four. The one who is able to pass through all rounds will have the chance to face me for the title of Champion. With all that out of the way, let the tournament begin!"

The first round starts which has you go against Kye.

"Looks like we're at the end." Kye says when he meets you in the battle arena. "Vincent will be waiting for whoever wins this match. To be honest...I'm not that competitive when it comes to battling, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to try my best. Good luck [Name]. Hope I can see the same strength you mustered up when fighting Resilvern."

The battle begins.

Kye's Team

Eevee (Ability: Adaptability) Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Trump Card, Last Resort

Holonian Marowak (Ability: Rock Head) Slash, Rock Slide, Headbutt, Swords Dance

Holonian Skiddo (Ability: Sturdy) Ice Shard, Bulldoze, Take Down, Icy Wind

Talonflame (Ability: Flame Body) Acrobactics, Steel Wing, Flame Charge, Roost

Lapras (Ability: Water Absorb) Perish Song, Surf, Ice Beam, Sing

Starter strong against your chosen starter

When the battle ends, Kye grins and congratulates you on your win. "Good luck in the rest of the tournament. I'll be cheering you on."