8

You venture onto the next route, which seems to take you into a forest-like area, with tree branches that seem to serve as the walkway. It could be mistaken for a mountainous are if it didn't have the trees surrounding everything. This route is filled with pokemon that you would find in trees, but mainly seem to spot grass and flying type pokemon around.

About halfway through the route, you hear Vincent call out to you. Turning around you see him running towards you.

"There you are. I've been looking for you. There's something that you should know before going into Tria City. Based on Holon's legends, they say that Tria City was originally an altar that the people of old traveled to in order to visit the guardians of this region. At least that was the case until, out of rage and grief for their fallen friend, the guardians destroyed the altar. As time went on, nature took over this area, but some believe that they were remnants of the guardians' power still lingered from their attack, which is why the trees and plants here practically make up the route. A beautiful sight from a tragic tale, I suppose..."

He paused a bit before taking out a pokeball. "Anyway, it's been a while since we've seen each other. How about a battle to see how strong we've gotten up until this point?"

Vincent's Team

Skarmory (Ability: Sturdy) Spikes, Drill Peck, Steel Wing, Agility

Lairon (Ability: Rock Head) Protect, Iron Head, Take Down, Roar

Steelix (Ability: Sturdy) Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Crunch, Thunder Fang

Lucario (Ability: Steadfast) Power-Up Punch, Quick Guard, Bone Rush, Force Palm

When the battle is over, Vincent heals both of your teams. "You're definitely someone I can count on for a good battle." he says. "My method on becoming the champion might be a little different compared to others but that's why I have a feeling it'll work, since I bet no one else has thought of it before. And having you as a rival always keeps me on my toes, which means that I'll be even more prepared for challenges that come my way. Let's keep moving forward. I wanna face you in the Championship Tournament,"

Vincent then runs off and you continue venturing through the route. Soon, you come across Tria City.

 Soon, you come across Tria City

After making the necessary preparations, you head straight for the gym. When you enter, you see a gym trainer with a piece of paper in their hand. When seeing you enter, they approach you.

"You're here to challenge Tria City's gym correct?"

You nod your head and then the trainer gives you the piece of paper they were holding.

"Then your missing starts now. Go and find all the berries listed here and come back when you've gathered all of them. But be careful, you'll be walking into the territory of many pokemon when you're searching for these berries. They're not just going to let someone come in and take their food. Well then challenger, good luck!"