6

Once exiting the house after your talk with Alice, you get a notification on your phone. You look to see what it is.

Attention all trainers,

The Pokemon species Eevee is the primary target of an organization known as the Evolution Discovery Corporation or EDC for short. Please keep any wild Eevee safe from this organization to ensure the safety of these pokemon.

After reading the alert, Kye comes running towards you. "[Name]! You saw the notification right? The EDC really is becoming a threat to these poor pokemon." Seeing the confused look on your face he continues. "Oh yeah, it's been a while since I've mentioned them so you probably forgot. The EDC stands for Evolution Discovery Corporation; shortly after news of the Champion's Drakeon went around, the founder of the EDC, Adrian Fletcher became obsessed with finding new evolutions for Eevee. Their main goal is to find an evolution for Eevee of every type. But they're taking their goal too far. They're practically poaching Eevee around Holon and who knows what they're going through in the hands of the EDC."

He then sighs and shakes his head. "If only Professor Craig would just at least consider my theory about what's going on. But since I'm young and only been his assistant for a year, he doesn't believe me. After all...what Adrian might be going after to continue his work haven't been seen by anyone for years. At least not until the Champion came around."

You either respond with

a) What did the Champion find?

b) What thing?

At first, Kye seems surprised that you're asking that. "You really don't know about the story of Holon's history? They must've stopped teaching that at the schools. Anyway, I'll tell you."

Long ago, there were two guardians that watched over Holon and the people there. They were often visited by those seeking their blessings. They lived in an altar, where they were visited. One guardian blessed any who sought it with strength while the other blessed those seeking knowledge. Everything seemed fine at first but eventually, the two guardians started to become bored and unhappy with their role. Soon they realized that they've only been sought out when someone wants something from them. The two guardians remained in that unhappy state until one faithful day.

One day, a lone figure came to them. However, when the guardians asked what the visitor wanted, they only responded with friendship. It seemed that the visitor too, like the two guardians, was looking for a friend. It was then that a bond between the two guardians and the lone human quickly formed. The human visited regularly, spending time with the guardians, not once seeking the power that they could give them. The three of them were happy with each other for a time.

But then, during one of their human friend's visits, a small army came. They demanded that the friend of the guardian cease their visit, believing that they were a distraction to the guardians. When the friend refused, the army attacked. To defend their friend, the guardians immediately joined the battle...but towards the middle of the battle....it became too late. The guardians' friend had fallen.

In a rage, the two guardians destroyed the altar and the army before leaving Holon, never to be seen again. The altar was left in ruins...and so was Holon.

"It was because of that tale, that Holon mainly focused on education, setting up trainer schools to every town and city." Kye explains. "Then that lead to the exchange program where the Trainer's Exam was originally a test that could allow students with a high enough score to travel to other regions to have a real chance at a pokemon journey. Our Champion was one of those lucky students, choosing to go to the Alola Region. But unlike many others, she returned and brought a league here as well as some old classmates of hers be gym leaders. But that wasn't until after they defeated Team Frost, a group made mostly of those who weren't able to go to another region. They captured all the legendary ice type pokemon from other regions to use their power to freeze all of Holon out of revenge. The Champion and Elite Four stopped them of course...but I have a feeling that something happened when the Champion battled Team Frost's leader."

Kye pulls out his phone, pulling up a small clip that he saved before showing it to you. The small video seems to be someone about to be blasted by a powerful ice type attack but then a flash of light came at the very last second. When the attack was over, there was no one.

"You saw that light right?" Kye asked. "Even if that didn't happen, the Champion came out of that attack without a single scratch. And from what I've heard, her pokemon were completely healed when they reappeared. There's no way that she did that on her own and none of her pokemon can even learn the move Teleport. Something or someone helped her in that moment and I need to find out what it was."

Noticing something on the screen, you tell Kye to zoom in at the moment when the strange light appeared.

"You want me to zoom in? Not sure why but I guess it couldn't hurt to get a closer look."

He zooms in and his eyes widened at a small detail that he didn't see before. "W-What is that?"

In the light, the two of you see a pokemon that neither of you have seen before.

"So something did help her after all! But this pokemon...it doesn't fit the description in any myths or tales in Holon's history. Well, this discovery is all the more reason why I need to ask the Champion what happened during that battle. Thanks for pointing this out [Name]. You'll be headed to Oreson City for your next badge right? Good luck."

Kye quickly runs off and you start heading towards Oreson City.