14

You walk in the gym and you see nothing but a large arena. There you see Colton standing there. Not sure what to expect at this point, you slowly approach him, the event between him and Elsie still lingering in your mind.

"So you reached the final stretch huh?" he says. "I suppose that's good news for you. You're that closer to the tournaments which is what you're aiming for."

He then sends out all of his pokemon. "Well, have fun battling."

You respond with either

a) You let your pokemon do whatever they want in battle?

b) This isn't how a proper battle works

Colton just shrugs in response. "It doesn't really matter if I put in the effort or not. If you lose, you'll just go and train your pokemon for a bit before coming back stronger. That or you just catch a pokemon that can beat my entire team. Either way I lose at some point so it's a waste of time and effort to actually try to win. You can't be disappointed about anything if you always expect the worst possible outcome. So just come find me when you win and I'll give you your badge."

Colton walks off and the battle begins.

The Dragon Gym Team

Flygon (Ability: Levitate) Sand Tomb, Dragon Tail, Earth Power, Dragon Dance

Dragonair (Ability: Shed Skin) Thunder Wave, Dragon Tail, Slam, Outrage

Druddigon (Ability: Rough Skin) Metal Claw, Crunch, Outrage, Fire Punch

Haxorus (Ability: Mold Breaker) Dual Chop, Dragon Pulse, Swords Dance, Rock Slide

Noivern (Ability: Infiltrator) Roost, Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash

Zweilous (Ability: Hustle) Dragon Pulse, Body Slam, Hyper Voice, Ice Fang

When you defeat all five, you make your way to where you saw Colton walk off to. But before you could get close, Zweilous lets out a roar. You turn to see what is happening only to witness Zweilous evolving into Hydreigon.

"Zweilous evolved after being defeated?" Colton asked, just as shocked as you were seeing this happen.

The newly evolved Hydreigon roars again before using Dragon Pulse on a wall leading to outside, creating a large wall. Before Colton could react, Hydreigon as well as all his other pokemon run off, going through the damaged wall.

It's not long after that Vincent and Kye come running in.

"[Name], what in the world is going on!?" Kye exclaimed. "One moment I'm just walking by and the next this horde of pokemon start rushing into the city!"

"They all seem to be in a rage of some sort." Vincent said. "Especially that Hydreigon. If we don't do something to stop them, then the whole city could be at risk."

You quickly follow your friends, searching for the rampaging pokemon. But it's not long until the three of you are stopped by Elsie.

"W-What's going on?" she asked. "Why is everything so chaotic all of a sudden!?"

You explained everything that happened up until that point and her eyes widened in shock.

"Colton's Zweilous evolved and now it and the rest of his pokemon are on a rampage!?" Elsie turns away, clenching her fists. "Why....why couldn't have he just listened!? Some of those dragon types he had are known to be brutal and aggressive if not trained properly...now this whole city is at risk! I guess I have no choice but to settle this myself."

She runs off.

"We can't let her deal with this all on her own." Kye said. "Even if she's champion, she has her limits. And there's no telling what could happen."

It's then that you run to different areas of the city, battling all the dragon-type pokemon once again, saving some people that were cornered by them on the way. The moment you defeat each pokemon, Colton comes and returns them to their pokeballs Soon, the only one left was Hydreigon, which was the hardest to find.

You wander into an alleyway to see a face-off against Hydreigon and Elsie. You noticed that Elsie didn't have any of her pokemon out with her.

"Okay Hydreigon, I know that you're angry but there's no need to take it out on innocent people." Elsie said, trying to reason with the enraged pokemon. She had her hands up, trying to make sure that Hydreigon knew she wasn't there to fight. "There's really no need to battle. Can we please settle this without using force?"

Hydreigon roared and fired a Dragon Pulse, which Elsie just barely dodged.

"I really don't wanna fight you. Especially since you're injured from a previous battle." she tried to reason again, taking a step closer to Hydreigon. "Will those battle wounds being treated make you feel a little better? I have Full Restores. Just come down, please."

Soon Colton appears. "What are you doing, Elsie!? You can't handle this the way you're doing now."

"I don't think you have that much to say when the only pokemon that you have at the moment are exhausted from being in battle twice!" Elsie countered, turning to him.

That was when Hydreigon roared again. It looked like it had gotten angrier when he saw Colton. It reared up, preparing to fire up another attack.

"WATCH OUT!"

Everything happened so fast that you didn't process what exactly had just played out until the smoke cleared, and you saw Elsie laying unconscious on the ground and Colton standing there in shock. Elsie had taken a direct attack from Hydriegon that was originally meant for Colton. You were about to battle Hydriegon before it could attack anyone else but another attack came from behind Hydreigon, making it unable to battle.

Alice, and three other girls suddenly appear.

"The Elite Four? What are you guys doing here?" Colton asked.

"Looking for Elsie of course." Alice said with a shrug. "She hadn't come back in a while and we were starting to worry. Speaking of which, where is-"

Alice soon finds Elsie and she and the other Elite Four members rush over. The one with spiky blonde hair, carefully took the Champion in her arms. Elsie grunted in pain as she was moved before opening one eye.

"H-Hey Lyn...I didn't know that you and the others were here..."

"Save your strength. We gotta get you treated immediately."

"[Name], what exactly happened here?" Alice asked, looking directly at you.

You explain everything. Right when you're done, another Elite Four member, one with short brown hair glared at Colton.

"So this was your fault after all! I should've known the moment I recognized your pokemon running around!"

She lunges for Colton but the last Elite Four member holds her back.

"Fighting him isn't going to heal Elsie." she said. "We'll get her treated first and deal with him right after. Seems like this calls for an immediate meeting."

Alice then looks to you. "Sorry to drag you around but since you witnessed everything, you're going to have to come with us. You're coming too Colton. It's about time we did something that should've been done a while ago."