15

After tagging along with the Elite Four, you find yourself in Volaris City, standing inside the large tower that could be seen anywhere from the city.

"Hey, thanks for agreeing to come with us." Alice says as she walks up to you. "And also sorry that you're being kinda dragged into this. You were the first witness that we saw and decided you were the best option to figure out what happened."

You ask if Elsie is alright.

"Yeah...I think she'll be alright. She can't move that much but with her pokemon guarding her, I'm sure that we don't have to worry about her injuries getting worse. Though I'm sure that the Championship Tournament is gonna be postponed because of this." Alice then sighs and shakes her head. "That Colton...we've gave him plenty of warnings and this is what happens. He's always preaching about how he expects the worst-case scenario, I wonder if he expected this to happen. Though after this...it's pretty obvious to see why Elsie doesn't like spending time at home. If I had an older brother like that, then I'd definitely make home one of the last options to go to. Anyway, the meeting is about to start and I came to get you."

You respond with...

a) We're going to a meeting?

b) What meeting?

"Yeah. Every month us in the League like to meet up with the Gym Leaders at the start of every month to see how everyone is doing. They usually tell us about trainers like you that they think will make it to the tournaments, or report complaints. Though we're a few weeks ahead of our usually scheduled meeting, this is an emergency that we have to settle as soon as possible. So let's go, we don't wanna keep everyone else waiting."

You nod and follow Alice into a large room, where the other Elite Four members as well as all the Gym Leaders are waiting.

"Oh, so [Name] is the witness that you guys were mentioning?" Kathrine noted. "Didn't expect to see [him/her] so soon."

"Let's cut down on the little reunion and get this meeting started." Noah said with a sigh.

"Not sure what much more there is to talk about though." Lyn said as she crossed her arms. "Colton has been given plenty of chances to change how he handled his pokemon and has failed to do that. Just glancing at the condition of Diligen City and Champion Elsie are proof of that."

"That along with the complaints we've always been getting..." Alice adds. "Even without this incident happening it's about time that Colton starts taking responsibility for all this mess. We can't go soft on him just because he's related to the Champion."

"Then let's just confirm everything with the witness and move on." Hera said before turning to you. "[Name], is it true that Colton's pokemon went on a rampage after you completed his gym battle?"

You answer yes.

"Is it true that they caused damage to the city during their rampage?"

You answer yes.

"What was the only way for them to stop?"

You answer........

a) Battling them again

b) Chasing them down

"And how did the Champion get hurt?"

You answer...

a) Hydreigon attacked her

b) She took a hit from Hydreigon's attack

"There you have it from the witness [himself/herself]. And since Colton hasn't said anything since this meeting started, then it's obvious that he doesn't have anything to defend himself. Let's just do what we should've done the moment the complaints became a regular thing. Alice, you make the final decision whenever the Champion can't so give the word."

Alice sighed and nodded. "Alright then. Gym Leader Colton, due to the inability to properly train and raise your pokemon, your Trainer's Certificate will be revoked. As a result you are no longer the Gym Leader of Diligen City and your pokemon will be given to other trainers that will give them the care and discipline they need."

It was then that Kayla spoke up. "Before you give away his pokemon, I'd like to have a talk with Hydriegon."

"You want to talk with Hydriegon?" Zale echoed in question. "Why?"

"If all goes well, then I'd like to be the one to take that pokemon." Kayla explained. "But if not then you can do whatever you want with him."

"Well...if you're sure then I suppose we can't stop you." Lyn said. "Just be careful."

She handed Hydreigon's pokeball to Kayla, who nodded in thanks before stepping outside. With the meeting ending and curiosity taking over, you follow Kayla. When you reach outside, you see her and Hydreigon staring down at each other. There was a Gardevoir standing next to Kayla but you realize that the Gardevoir is her Zoroark in disguise.

Hydriegon growled and Kayla held up its pokeball. "Either you listen to what I have to say or you get put back in here. Your choice."

Hydreigon stopped growling but kept its glare.

"I have a proposition for you." Kayla stated. "Become my pokemon and you'll have all the proper battles that you want, and you'll become stronger."

Hydreigon loses his glare, just staring at the Gym Leader at this point. Kayla grinned at the reaction.

"I see that I caught your attention on that. But I have one condition before I accept you into my team. You have to give up all that pride that's making you act out. Just like it was Colton's choice not to be a proper Gym Leader and trainer to you, it was your choice to start having a tantrum and terrorize people just because you lost. Pokemon who are strong don't prey on the weak. Everyone on my team takes a loss as a lesson to train harder. So, sacrifice your tantrums and join my team, or keep acting how you are and be given to a stranger and have no idea what's gonna happen next."

She took a step forward and much to your surprise, Hydreigon didn't make any move to attack or even growled. It simply bowed its head as Kayla approached it.

"Well, now that you're willing to change I have to keep my end of the bargain. Welcome to the team Hydreigon."