Season 2 - Chapter 9: A friend

It's been a month since what happened and Taehyung was like of starting to live on his happiness. He is doing fine this past month.

And he has still a connection to Jungkook...

"Taehyung, son, how's your travel to Paris? You didn't tell us about it." Eunsa asked her son who is in her house, joining them for their lunch.

"Huh? What do you want me to tell about it?" Taehyung softly giggles while helping his mother arrange the table.

"I mean, you always shared with us when you travel and tell your experience. It's kind of new that you didn't tell anything about your travel to Paris. I'm kind of interested to know." Eunsa stated.

Taehyung stopped midway putting the plates on the table.

"Are you okay, Taehyung? Did I say something wrong?" Eunsa asked when she noticed his reaction.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Taehyung forcefully smiled and put down the plate on the table.

"I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable." Eunsa apologized.

"It's okay, mom, I have fun there. Nothing exciting unlike my travel to other countries that's why I can't tell anything about it. Besides, I got scammed as well." Taehyung retorted.

"What? You should at least contact me so I can lend you some money. I felt sorry for you, I should have known about it." Eunsa replied.

"Don't worry, mom, a friend helped me. You don't need to feel sorry about it, I'm fine." Taehyung giggled.

"Who's a friend is that? Is that person Korean? Or what? Do you think you can invite your friend over here so we can thank your friend?" Eunsa asked beaming in excitement.

"Sorry, mom, we won't able to do that. He's a really busy person and who knows, maybe he's focused on his relationship. Let's not bother him at all." Taehyung stated.

"Oh, so your friend is a he. It's nice to know, you're right, we shouldn't bother him. But what's his name? So once I stumble upon him, I can thank him." Eunsa retorted.

"We don't have eggs left, mom, I'll go buy first."

Taehyung didn't answer her and went out of the house while Eunsa was confused. She went to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"But we have many left here." She muttered under her breath seeing the eggs are still full.

She shrugged off her shoulder and decided to continue her cooking because her husband are on his way to their home.

Taehyung went to the convenience store and bought random stuff there. He also bought a cigarette and currently using it. He is leaning outside of the convenience while smoking. He knew he shouldn't ditch his mother but it is better because she will forget about it sooner.

"Taehyung"

He stopped smoking when he heard a familiar voice beside him. He looked at the person who was coming out of the store and he is right, it was Jimin. It's been a while since he saw him and it seems his ex-boyfriend lost some weight. He threw his cigarette and stepped on it to turn off the tip before looking at Jimin.

"It's been a while, hyung." He gave him a tight-lipped smile.

There's a moment of awkwardness between them but Jimin broke it.

"How are you? It seems you are back to your old habit." Jimin said referring to his smoking habit.

"I'm fine, I just try one, how about you? You lost a lot of weight." Taehyung asked.

"Same, just got addicted to drugs that's why." Jimin replied rubbing the back of his neck.

"What? Why? You didn't use drugs at all." Taehyung was surprised to hear that coming from Jimin who doesn't like doing illegal stuff.

"Because of depression, don't worry, I stopped using them. I got help from Yoongi hyung. So, yeah." Jimin stated.

"Yoongi?" Taehyung inquired.

"Yeah, him. He's kind and caring, he never left me even though I kept pushing him away. And I'm slowly recovering from my depression and continuing healing. How about you? I heard that you travel in different countries." Jimin explained.

"I'm great, I'm just trying some stuff to entertain myself." Taehyung retorted.

"I'm glad to hear that, do you have any country to go where?" Jimin asked.

"Nothing, I already found what I'm looking for that's why I stopped traveling. And I missed my parents too." Taehyung told him.

"You still didn't change, you are a family-oriented person." Jimin giggled.

"You still know me" Taehyung smiled.

"By the way, do you have any plans? Yoongi and I were planning to open a restaurant this year, I will be happy if you visit us." Jimin suddenly mentioned his plans.

"Really? That sounds good, you're planning that for so long." Taehyung said.

"Yeah, I want to pursue that because Yoongi hyung knows how to cook. I also want to surprise him." Jimin's smile got bigger and his eyes beamed every time he mentioned Yoongi.

"Do you like Yoongi?" Taehyung asked noticing the familiar impression he got when Jimin give him hint about his feelings.

Jimin cleared his throat and his cheeks get redder.

"Yes, but I still didn't confess to him and that should be my surprise for him." Jimin admit.

"I'm happy for you and him, I'm sure you two will be happy together. Congrats to both of you, hyung." Taehyung praised them.

"Thanks, so we're fine now, right?" Jimin inquired.

"Yeah, but make sure to invite me to your wedding." Taehyung playfully said.

"Sure, I would love that."

They both laugh while Yoongi was watching them from afar. Let's say, he misunderstood the whole situation right now and it hurt him to see them.

"Hyung!"

He looked at Jimin who was waving his hand with a smile plastered on his lips. He gave him a smile and went near him. He looked at Taehyung who was also looking at him.

"Are you done? We should get going for your medicine." Yoongi reminded him about his medicine.

"We're going now, Taehyung, thank you for your time." Jimin said to Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded his head and the two left the convenience store. He shooked his head and went to separate way.