Chapter 3: Ruined

Chapter 3: Ruined

Secretary Kim has been tapping his feet on the ground syncing with the clock hands that keep on rotating. He can't help but keep glancing at the clock hanging on the wall on his back.

He didn't touch his phone since his boss took it. He was worried about his boyfriend, he was sure he made him worried. It was already 8:30, and he was 30 minutes late for their date.

He was fidgeting his fingers, getting anxious every second. He sucked a huge amount of air to get confidence. He stood up from his chair, walked in front of Jungkook's office, and knocked on the door.

"Come in"

He heard his boss's response, he gulped harshly and got inside the office.

"Mr. Jeon, Is Ms. Ma coming?" He inquired standing up in front of Jungkook's desk.

"She still not calling me nor texting me. I guess we need to wait a little more, she might experience a problem while going here. Why?" His boss, Jungkook retorted inquiring and looked up at him.

"I'm just asking, we didn't wait for this long because of the meeting. Don't you think she won't come?" He replied swallowing his pride.

"I don't know but I'm sure if she will postpone the meeting, she will it to me, right? You know that." Jungkook stated.

"I know sir but how long do we need to wait?" Taehyung asked.

"Are you busy, Mr. Kim?" Jungkook asked him back.

"Nuh-no" He lied and look down at the ground. 

"Then why do you seem eager to leave? You have never been like this." Jungkook uttered putting his chin on his hands.

"It's almost time to leave, sir. I guess I need to take an overtime today." Taehyung sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

"If you have to, then do it. That's part of your job, right?" Jungkook said and pushed his hair to the back.

"I understand, sir." Taehyung sighed in defeat.

"I'm glad you understand, take a seat here beside me. I'm sure you're done with your work, am I right?" Jungkook uttered and patted the chair beside him which he put on earlier to make sure that Taehyung will sit beside him.

"Thank you"

His secretary muttered, taking a seat beside him.

"Can I get my phone?" He asked and looked at Jungkook.

"Oh yeah, you might get bored."

Jungkook uttered taking out Taehyung's phone from the drawer on his desk.

"Here's your phone."

He handed the phone to him and Taehyung smiled taking it from Jungkook's hand. Yet, when their fingers touched, Taehyung didn't mind it but Jungkook enjoyed it.

---

They waited for Ms. Ma to come but when Taehyung looked at the time on his phone, he saw that it was already 11:23.

"Sir, when she will come? It's already late." He said, softly tapping Jungkook's left shoulder who was tapping on his laptop.

"Wait, I'll check if she messages me." Jungkook responded.

He looked at his boss who took out his phone and it was on silent.

"Ms. Ma said she won't come, So that means no meeting for today." Jungkook said looking at his phone.

"Sir, your phone has been on silent for how long?" Taehyung inquired kinda felt frustrated when he saw that Ms. Ma's message has been sent since 6:30 pm.

"Ah, I didn't notice that it was on silent. Thank you for telling me." His boss smiled turning on the mute notification.

Taehyung can't believe what just happened. He wasted his time waiting for nothing. He can attend his date but this meeting ruined it.

"Let's go now," Jungkook said and took his keys into his pocket.

He stood up, stretching his arms and creaking his neck.

"Wuh-what?" Taehyung responded feeling annoyed right now.

His hands were balled in a fist, anger was eating his mind.

"Don't you hear what I say? I said Ms. Ma won't come today, she was busy." Jungkook repeated

Taehyung stood up and faced his boss.

"Why you didn't check your phone, Mr. Jeon? She texted you, at least you should look at your phone. I wasted my time here waiting for nothing." Taehyung stated with tears building up in his eyes.

"I'm busy, don't you see that, Mr. Kim? I don't have time to check my phone." Jungkook reasoned out.

"This...this is nonsense, I should attend my date instead of this meeting!" Taehyung growled.

He left the office with tears falling in his eyes. Jungkook poked his tongue in his inner cheeks and rolled his eyes.

Taehyung was waiting for the cab, he was standing while wiping his tears. He was thinking about how he can give a proper reason to Jimin. He was worried about how his boyfriend will react to this mess.

Suddenly, a red car came in front of him and he knew who was the owner.

"Get in"

He was right, it was his boss, Jungkook who came out of the car and opened the door car for him.

"I don't want to" He insisted looking away from him.

"Like what you said earlier, it's already late. You won't able to find a cab this late, so I'll give you a ride instead." Jungkook offered.

"I-I'm fine, I can g--"

"Look, I'm sorry for what happened. I should be more aware this time. I was so busy and If you should tell me that you have a date then I let you go." Jungkook stated, holding Taehyung's wrist.

"You never turn on the silent mode on your phone, why did you suddenly do that?" Taehyung inquired sniffling.

"I was annoyed because the notifications kept popping on my phone so I decided to turn it off." Jungkook reasoned out.

"But still, it was my first date with my boyfriend because he just came back. And you ruined it." He cried, wiping his tears with his blazer paws.

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Kim. You can set up another date if you want, I can give you a day off for tomorrow, but please forgive me." Jungkook uttered pecking each knuckle.

"It's okay, I forgive you." Taehyung sighed believing his boss.

"Thank you" Jungkook smiled "so, shall we go now? It's fine with you if you let me drive for you?"

"Okay" Taehyung responded calming down a bit.

"Get in" Jungkook said and move aside.

His secretary got inside, he smirked knowing he was successful in his plans and followed after him.