Season 2: Chapter 4 - I like her

The two were currently having lunch together in the restaurant. They do talk to each other but still eating was their priority.

"Jungkook, is that you?"

An English woman came to them and called Jungkook.

"Marie, it's nice to see you." Jungkook smiled standing up from his seat and holding Marie's hand, pecking the back of her hand.

She is Jungkook's first friend when he came to Paris. Marie is very lovely and trustworthy that's why Jungkook likes her. No doubt, her beauty was magnificent, and also the genius type of girl.

No one can deny that she is the kind of girl that everyone will like. She is good at communicating and comforting people that are close to her and Jungkook is one of them. And Jungkook appreciated her so much.

"You're such a gentleman, it's been a while since I saw you here. What are you doing here?" Marie replied and playfully hit Jungkook's arm.

"I'm here to eat with my friend." Jungkook pointed to Taehyung.

Marie looked at Taehyung who slightly bowed his head while Marie smiled softly at him.

"It's my first time seeing you with a friend. Who is he?" Marie asked looking back at Jungkook.

"He's Kim Taehyung, my former secretary in Seoul." Jungkook introduced Taehyung to her.

"Oh right, I remembered him. He's the boy you were talking to me about. Now I know why, anyways, why did you just come here? I thought you wanted to visit me, I missed you, you know." Marie pouted.

"I'm so sorry, Marie. I become busy these days and I ordered food online instead of going out to come here." Jungkook explained.

"I thought you were ghosting me after I confessed to you." Marie sighed.

"I'm not like that, Marie. You know I can't love you back, I hope you understand." Jungkook told her.

"I understand you, I was being immature at that time, and don't worry, I'm not mad at you. I was just sad because you're not visiting me." Marie cutely glared at him.

"Thank you for understanding me, don't worry, I will try to visit you, hm?" Jungkook smiled at her.

"Okay, that's fine for me. You're lucky you're handsome and I like you or else I already kick your shin." Marie teasingly threatened Jungkook.

"My apologies" Jungkook bowed like a prince.

"Apology accepted, now, I will go and you can continue eating." Marie giggled and was about to walk away.

"Wait" Jungkook stopped her.

"Yes? Miss me already?" Marie chuckled.

"No, uh, I want to ask if there's any available spot for a staff here in your restaurant?" Jungkook inquired.

"Actually, yes, we've been looking for a cashier and cook. Why did you ask?" Marie responded.

"Ah, my friend Taehyung was looking for a job. He got scammed and only has one month left to stay here. Can he apply here?" Jungkook stated.

"Jungkook, it's okay, you don't have to do that." Taehyung suddenly spoke.

"Sure, just give me his information and I will check it." Marie retorted.

"Thank you so much." Jungkook bowed his head.

"Everything for a handsome boy like you." Marie winked and pinched Jungkook's cheeks.

Jungkook chuckled and Marie left them alone.

"I told you, I can do that on my own." Taehyung said after Marie left.

"I know but we can't lose this chance. She's my friend and we can trust her. It would be easy for you to work here." Jungkook told him and sat down on his seat.

"You're right bu---"

"Please, just accept my help. It would be a relief for me if you work here because I knew you will be safe." Jungkook stated.

"Fine, thank you." Taehyung sighed in defeat.

After their lunch, they were currently inside the car while Jungkook was driving.

"It seems like you are super close with her." Taehyung started the conversation between them.

"You mean Marie? Yeah, she's kind and very understanding too. I like her." Jungkook responded with a smile plastered on his lips.

"Yeah, that was obvious tho. But why did you turn her down? I mean her confession for you if you like her." Taehyung asked looking at him.

"Even though I like her, that doesn't mean something romantic. Besides, the time she confessed her feelings to me, I didn't fully move on that time. And if I accept her feeling, I will end up hurting her." Jungkook explained.

"The way you say it makes me think that she has a chance to win your heart if you moved on that time." Taehyung said.

"Maybe, I mean, she's beautiful and the type of person you can rely on. She's really caring too. When I came here, I felt welcomed because of her. She didn't treat me as a different person. I learned a lot because of her, she's the reason why I pursue photography. She's the person everyone will like." Jungkook giggled.

"You're right" Taehyung responded with a sigh.

It seems like Taehyung makes everything complicated for Jungkook. Jungkook should have a better partner right now if he didn't come here. Jungkook should be happy without him. Why did he even look for Jungkook? He should have known this will happen.

"But you know what, I can't feel the same thing that I felt for you. Believe me, I tried to like her back, I did that so I can move on. I thought she might be the one who will help me to forget you. But, I don't know why I can't do that and I failed. You are still the person in my heart and I will love." Jungkook chuckled bitterly.

Taehyung was silent, he didn't bother to speak but he listened to him. Luckily, they arrived at Jungkook's cabin. Jungkook came out first and went inside the cabin. While Taehyung looked down at his lap with tears falling down. He doesn't know why he's being emotional. He only knew that he had to cry and let out the pain in his heart.