Chapter 16: Past

Edited

-----

Chapter 16: Past

It was a rainy night, and it sort of calmed Jungkook after his stressful work. Even though his heartbroken, he can't lose his reputation, it will surely damage his heart more.

"Sir, we're here." His driver said he hired one since he has been a reckless driver when he was drunk and in pain.

"Thank you" Jungkook sighed, taking out a black umbrella beside his seat.

He opened the door of his van and his umbrella before he went out. When he was out of the van, he saw a figure sitting in front of his gate and it was shivering due to the cold.

"Mr. Kim" He muttered while trying to get a look at that figure.

He went closer to him since he was hundred percent sure it was a guy.

"Mr. Kim, what do you think you're doing? You'll get sick!" He rushed in front of Taehyung who looked at him.

Even though it was raining, he can see that Taehyung was crying. It was obvious with his swollen eyes. He squats down in front of him.

"Y-you're not l-lying about tuh-that, right? I-It was really you, that person I've been looking for." Taehyung sobbed.

"Let's get inside first please, Mr. Kim. It's not good if you stay here just to get soaked in the rain." Jungkook responded concerned about the older one.

"Please! Tell me! Tell me you're not lying like...him..." Taehyung cried holding onto Jungkook's arms.

"I'll answer anything you want to know, but please, I'm begging you, Mr. Kim, I'm worried if you get sick, please." Jungkook said with a hint of worriedness in his tone.

Taehyung bit his bottom lip and nodded his head. Jungkook stands up first and extended his hand for the older one to reach. Taehyung accepted it, letting Jungkook hold him. The younger one even removes his blazer and put it around his shoulder.

"Come on." Jungkook muttered and they went inside Jungkook's house.

He led Taehyung and told him to wait to go grab extra clothes for him. He immediately went upstairs, getting a comfortable gray shirt and black shorts.

"Here, you can use my bathroom there." Jungkook gave him clothes and pointed to the bathroom beside the kitchen.

Taehyung hums and went to the bathroom while Jungkook was making hot chocolate for him to ease his coldness.

"Drink this for a while before you ask me questions." Jungkook said when Taehyung was already done and currently sitting on his couch.

"Thank you." Taehyung mumbled, drinking the hot chocolate.

He sat down in front of Taehyung to maintain a proper distance between them and not to make him uncomfortable.

"If that's really you, what is the exact thing that happened that day?" Taehyung asked, tightly clenching his palms around the mug.

"Will you be okay if I tell you everything?" Jungkook inquired making sure Taehyung doesn't have a panic attack or something since it was really traumatic.

"I-I'm fine, I already moved on, j-just curious if that's really you cause some media shared  information about it." Taehyung uttered.

"Tell me to stop if you are getting uncomfortable." Jungkook sighed.

Taehyung nodded his head and swallowed hard.

-----

It was a common day for 9 years old, Jungkook to wait inside the car of his dad in the passenger seat after their dinner in the 5-star restaurant. He was just waiting while looking outside through the open window of the car.