Chapter 18: Let go

Chapter 18: Let go

It's been a week since the cheating incident and Taehyung still doesn't know about that. Jungkook also steps down as CEO of his company and that information spread out like wildfire. The current CEO was now Kim Namjoon, the former president of Xyla enterprises.

Taehyung was kind of surprised to hear that, he didn't expect Jungkook will step down easily knowing that Jungkook treat the company as his possession. He was a bit guilty, thinking that it was his fault that Jungkook did that.

However, for some reason, he found himself in a restaurant, waiting for Jimin to come. Yup, he wants to meet him, he wants to talk to Jimin. He's the one who calls him because Jimin didn't bother to reach him out the whole week which was suspicious for him because Jimin always leaves some messages for him.

He sighed, shaking his head, he can't cry in front of many people. He gulped down to ease some pain in his throat.

Finally, the person he was waiting for came and sat down in front of him. It was awkward, a thick silence was engulfing them even though there are people surrounding him while they were looking at each other.

"I know you're the one who approached me to see you but I want to tell you something, Taehyung." Jimin was the one who started.

"It's okay, you can tell it first." Taehyung responded.

For some reason, Taehyung felt uneasy and something was wrong.

His guess was right, he didn't expect what he just heard right now.

"I cheated" Jimin confessed.

Taehyung felt like he was frozen, he doesn't know how should he respond to this.

"I'm sorry, I was out of my mind at that time and didn't know what should I do. You can get mad at me, I will take it." Jimin said with teary eyes.

Taehyung chuckled bitterly and wiped off the tears on his cheeks.

"So funny, I was about to choose you, hyung, that's why I want to talk with you in person." Taehyung laughed with continuous tears falling.

"Chose me? Didn't you choose him already that's why you go to his place, Taehyung?!" Jimin retorted.

"I... I went there for some explanation, hyung, that's it. Jungkook told me to choose you over him because he was willing to give up his feeling for me. He let me go now, hyung. But why you did do that?" Taehyung sobbed.

"Taehyung..." Jimin was perplexed.

His expression can't even pain, he felt chill running through his skin.

"You know what, hyung. We should end up as well. I don't think it will be a good idea if we continue this toxic relationship anymore. It's better if we set free of each other. We'll both end up hurting each other if we still continue this."

Taehyung pulled out the ring off his finger and set it down on the table. He stood up and sighed.

"I love you hyung, I wish you to be happy without me." He said and left the place.

Jimin let out his tears not caring about people who were looking in his direction.

-----

Taehyung let his feet drag him somewhere but he didn't expect that he'll end up in front of Jungkook's place. He was just standing there, not knowing what to do.

"Sir, what are you doing here?"

He came back to his own senses and turned to his right side. He saw Jungkook's driver.

"Wuh-where's Jungkook?" Taehyung asked out of nowhere.

"You didn't know, sir?" The driver seems confused.

"What do you mean by that?" Taehyung retorted asking.

"I thought he already told you last week that's why you were crying but sir, sir Jungkook flee to another country to cool down, that's what he told me." The driver explained.

And Taehyung felt his world crumble down hearing that.

"Wuh-what? Where to?" Taehyung inquired, trying to ignore the pain in his heart.

"I'm so sorry, sir, but he didn't tell me where he will go. He said it was better so no one will bother him." The driver scratched the back of his neck. 

"Did he just leave? I... I still can follow him..."

"He left three days ago, sir..."

And this time, Taehyung cried, it hurts. He let go of Jimin and now, Jungkook left. Wow, just wow.

"But he left this, he told me that if you ever go back here, I should give this to you. However, based on his tone, he won't be expecting you to come back here anymore." The driver stated while holding the rectangular shaped box.

Taehyung looked at what he was holding and grabbed it. He opened the box and saw a necklace with a heart-shaped form pendant. He opened the pendant and saw the picture of him, the kid version that he looks when he first met Jungkook his current version. The outside of the pendant has an 'I love you' sentence carved on it.

"Does he have the plan to go back here?" Taehyung asked between his sobs.

"I don't want to raise your hope so I'm going to say what I think was the answer to that. I think, he doesn't have plans to do that, sir. He packed all his stuff, cut his connection, and delete even some information about him so no one will notice him. That was the reason why he stepped down as a CEO. He even told me to find another stable job because he might not come back here anymore." The driver explained to him.

"Can you please inform me if he comes back here? And if you have some connection to him to inform him, please tell him that I will wait for him." Taehyung said wiping off his tears.

"What if he didn't come back, sir?" The driver inquired.

"I'll find him if I had to, I just need to tell something important to him. So please, make sure to inform me." Taehyung muttered.

"Okay, sir. I will do that." The driver bowed his head.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook's place and sighed. Maybe, he should start over again, right?