Chapter 97 : Mistress

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Queen of the Gods,

Goddess of Marriage & Birth.

The wife and sister of Zeus in the Olympian pantheon.

Hera is known to be jealous and vengeful towards Zeus' many lovers and offsprings.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"What have you done?" I whispered, completely awestruck

"What have you done?" I whispered, completely awestruck. My eyes were fixed on the person shuffled up in chains. Motes of dust drifted around him, illuminated by a blanketed ray of sunlight.

Henry maneuvered me back on my feet. My first instinct was to help, but judging from the firm hand on my torso, the instruction was clear. I pursed my lips and tested the rope around my wrist. It stayed unhinged. Henry sure knows how to tie a knot. But that was the least of my problems.

I took deep breaths and tried not to fret -- maintaining a level head. "You shouldn't be messing around with the Petersons. Especially Zion."

Henry huffed. "As long as the Mistress commands it, it shall be done; regardless of collateral damage or who's involved."

I instinctively bobbed my throat. The wound on my shoulder throbbed along with my neck tendons. It was uncomfortable. With the boldness of a Lion, I asked the million-dollar question. "How did she become your Mistress?"

Henry went silent for a moment before replying curtly. "That's none of your business."

Touchy topic?

Zion remained motionless; lost in oblivion. his dark hair had turned brown from the sunlight and his grey shirt had four loose buttons. I know Zion to be someone who releases just one button on hot days -- meaning someone else had done this.

Henry's Mistress?

Zeus' beloved, in other words -- Hera, was someone I didn't want to meet. Could she be an obsessive lover? It's highly plausible since she had gone through many lengths to abduct him. Zion will never go down without a fight.