Chapter 96 : Bandage

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Phobos, the god of fear.

The personification of panic in Greek mythology.

He was the son of Ares and Aphrodite.

He does not have a distinct role,

Except for being his father's attendant.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Gwen poked her head out from Alex's side

Gwen poked her head out from Alex's side. Her jaw went slack and her eyes widened in absolute disbelief. "Penny?"

A red-stained bandage was plastered on her shoulder, concealing the bite mark. At first glance, the wound had me worried but it morphed into hurt and betrayal. She made a step forward but Alex held her back with an arm.

I shoveled up all my current emotions, masking them with anger. This better be a dream. "Are you the spy?" I asked. "Because it's hard to believe you'll betray Pedro."

Did she report our every move to Henry?

Her eyes widened at Pedro's name. Emotions I couldn't quite catch scuttled past. She nervously fidgeted with her fingers. "I--"

"She was never the spy," Henry stated with an air of calmness like he wanted this misunderstanding done with. "Yes, she helped me distract the Petersons so I could find you but it was a recent betrayal. Call her a..." He glanced at her in thought, "...new recruit. Minutes before we stormed star-crossed inc., she sorted us out. Apparently, she was bitten by Alex, making him, her sire, and I, her leader. Unless she's somehow a built-in top dog like me. But that will lead to a fight for power, wouldn't it? Besides, she thinks I can save her from her transformation."

He smirked at Gwen but she turned away, her eyes sparkled with unshed tears. After a few seconds, she mumbled. "I heard that possessing two mythological beings is a death sentence because they aren't compatible. Being an oracle sealed my fate and only a crocotta leader can fix that."