Chapter 80 : Panic

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The goddess of hearth couldn’t tie herself to any man,

Whether by marriage or physical intimacy.

Hestia rejected all marriage proposals.

Those from gods such as Poseidon, Apollo, and Ares.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Our footsteps trudged against the pavement as we left the club

Our footsteps trudged against the pavement as we left the club. The night was chilly and I tugged Pedro's jacket over my shoulders. My hand clung to his bicep.

A perfect position. Any random stranger would think we were a couple but in retrospect, it showed our carefree attitude. Probably giving our crocotta -- in case he's watching -- the belief that we weren't expecting an attack.

At least it will sell better than walking on the streets like a runway model about to kill some demons.

After Eros' appearance, we all gathered at the bar to skim over the plan. And currently, we were initiating the first step.

Luring the bait.

I couldn't go with Liam or Zion because they had to hide in the shadows and carry out the surprise attack.

Besides, it'll make sense if I took a fun walk with my best friend. Ocypete had left a few minutes ago to get her crocotta pal.

All afternoon Eros had taught me a few basic combat moves just in case the crocotta decides to fight without warning. Even though Ocypete promised that won't happen, we can't be too sure.

The training left me with a few broken bones but thankfully, Liam was there to start a healing session. A painful one at that.

"So you and Liam?"

I stumbled but gained my footing. Pedro's words caught me off guard. I gazed at him with wide eyes. "Huh?"

He let out a good laugh which seemed to travel far under the night sky.